Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Wrapping up 2009

Wrapping up 2009
I think this will be the last posting for 2009. All in all, I believe that 2009 has been a good year for me.

I did have a wonderful Christmas this year. The Princess came home for a brief stay. Out Utes won a crushing victory at the Poinsettia Bowl in San Diego. Dr. Karen got married. Molly the Stylist had her photo taken with me.

Life is good for me.

Perfectomundo.

My old employer, Imperial Capital Bank, failed because of bad loans. This was not unexpected; I had seen some examples of really weak loan underwriting as far back as 2005 when I was still working there. I don’t believe the bank ever adopted a strong credit culture; instead, it opted for a do the deal culture. A strong credit culture probably would have saved the bank in the long run. I know there committed, honest employees at the bank. Too bad they were not in positions of leadership.

I do feel truly sad for the employees who put in so much of their time and effort in an attempt to help the bank succeed. They deserved much better from the bank. The senior management got what it genuinely deserved; valueless stock options and probably no chance of ever becoming employed by a FDIC insured bank again.

The blog got a visitor last week after my post about the school’s Christmas party or employee appreciation diner at the Aquarium of the Pacific. I guess they were checking on what I had to say about the Aquarium. It is a nice place to visit although parking is a bit pricey in the evening.

We had 129 visitors who viewed 144 unique pages in the last week. One of the visitors came from Vanuatu which is an island nation in the South Pacific. This was the first time that I can recall a visitor from Vanuatu.

Celebrate the New Year responsibly.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home