Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Getting ready for the Hospital

Getting ready for the Hospital
I have been busy getting ready for my hospital stay. I have been practicing sleeping on hard or lightly padded surfaces, think hospital beds. I have also focused on the dinning pleasures of broth and jello.

I have not had much success with those ideas. I keep returning to thoughts of much more pleasurable dining experiences like at the L. A. Food Show, the Original Tommy’s Hamburgers, Fatburger, and Morton’s The Steakhouse.

One of my better plans has been to stock up on good books to read. I have two books on hand now and a third should arrive the week before my surgery. Both of the books are histories and were written by academics. I have never been able to finish one of these types of book in a day like I can with a good Clive Cussler or Tom Clancy novel

Excellent; slow reading takes up a lot of time.

One book is about the birth of the Athenian navy and the rise of democracy in ancient Greece. The other book is an alternative view of the fall of the Roman Empire.

The books will help me kill time while I am in the hospital when Doug is not there to visit me. Doug is planning to stay up at my flat while I am in the hospital. This will make it is easy for him to see me and also spend some time with his girl friend.

Perfectomundo.

Everyone is happy.

I wonder if I will be visited by any of the Oncology Clinic nurses.

I guess that I will have to wait and see what develops.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home