Sunday, June 20, 2010

There's no blind spot when the top is down

There’s no blind spot when the top is down
It was really great to drive home on the freeways from school on Saturday with the top down. Being able to enjoy the California sun and drive fast is sort of compensated for having a class that ran until 5:20 PM.

When the top is down, there is no blind spot for me to worry about.

Perfectomundo.

The wind turbulence was not very bad when I was driving at around 75 miles per hour. My University of Utah baseball cap stayed on without any trouble or constant adjustment on my part. I have to learn to glance over at the speedometer and not look at the tachometer that is positioned over the steering wheel.

I think I will need to reconsider my baseball hat. I’m not certain that the red cap goes well with the British racing green color of the car.

The MINI is very responsive and agile. This makes lane changes almost fun for me.

I had thought about comparing the MINI with the Prelude.

I thought some more and concluded that was a useless exercise on my part. For example, the Prelude has a bigger engine but it is a heavier car so it should have a bigger engine. The MINI gets better mileage because its engine and engine management technology are state of the art while the Prelude’s technology is over twenty years old.

In the end, it is like what so many medieval monks did after vespers. They would argue over warm beer, obviously a bad start for clear headed thinking, just how many angels can stand on the head of pin.

A pointless exercise even with warm beer.

Monday, I am going to read my owner’s manual; all 175 pages of it. Then, I will be able to select and set the radio to my favorite stations and figure out how to work the ventilation system and the air conditioning.

Looking Ahead
This is a medical week for me. I get to see the colorectal surgeons on Wednesday afternoon. This is a six month follow up to the January operation. I am not expecting much of anything to come from the meeting. I will go and make the doctors feel good while they look at my scar and ask me lots of questions. Hopefully, I will not be abandoned by the doctors in the examination room.

I tried to talk the doctors out of having me take a blood test they ordered for me. I have never been that fond of or happy to undergo a blood test. It is one that Dr. Karen orders every three months. It always comes back negative. With a little luck, the bruise from the test last week will have faded by the time of the appointment.

After spending time with the surgeons, I am going to walk over the hospital for Dr. Karen’s regular blood tests. Oh joy, more blood tests.

Friday is my final appointment with Dr. Karen. She is finishing her fellowship and will leave the hospital’s oncology clinic at the end of the month. I have asked her to see that I get put on a nice, new fellowship doctor’s panel until she can get established in private practice, hopefully in Southern California so I can continue to see and be treated by her, and I can get my medical insurance figured out.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home