Tuesday, May 25, 2010

It's a Small World

It’s a Small World After All
I had to withdraw some money from a mutual fund account yesterday. This was in preparation to buying a new car. It was on the windy or perhaps breezy side yesterday so I put on my old University of Utah hoodie sweatshirt; it is a slightly faded red with large white letters spelling out UTAH.

It is hard to mistake where I went to college.

It turned out that the manager of the mutual fund company office not only went to the U but was a member of my old fraternity. We talked for about fifteen minutes which made my withdrawal take much longer to process. I didn’t mind the extra time; I was able to bring him up to date on the fraternity and I described how the re-installation of the chapter went in April.

It was a very nice day for me.

This morning I was reading a business news RSS feed from the New York Times. One of the summaries in the news feed was about a bond being issued in the United Kingdom by a gourmet chocolate company that allowed the bondholder the option of receiving interest payments in chocolate.

I forwarded the news feed to my broker at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney with a note that said, “this looks like a sweet deal.”


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home