Monday, June 07, 2010

Odd and Ends

Molly the Stylist
I went into see Molly the Stylist last Wednesday for my regular haircut or styling as she likes to call it.

I indulged Molly by stopping by the local Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf and picking up her current favorite beverage from there, a large iced vanilla latte. I had my usual large ice blended, half mocha and half white chocolate with decaffeinated coffee and whipped cream. Mine was very good and Molly’s must have been good as well, judging by the size of the gulps she took.

We talked about my hair length. I had wanted it longer and Molly had thought that I wanted it shorter for the Summer. We agreed to let it grow longer for now anyway. I will have another chance to revisit the question in early July.

I had shaved my moustache off in the last week of May and this was the first time that Molly had seen the new. Molly said she liked the new look.

Molly also said she liked the moustache when I grew it last Fall.

Teaching
I finished up with my last class on Friday night and worked on my electronic grade books during the day.

I took my three Friday night students out for a beer after their course project presentation. They have been in ten or eleven classes with me and this was their last class with me. They only have two more classes to take and then they will graduate in September. I will not be teaching those classes. It was a very nice way to finish off the quarter.

This was the first quarter in a long time that I did not have a single student fail any of the courses. Microeconomics is the toughest course that I teach and I believe it is the most difficult class in the entire school.

My schedule for next quarter seems to be set at four classes; old ones and two new ones. That is not too bad for me.

Dr. Karen and Me
Friday was my regular appointment with Dr. Karen.

My appointment was scheduled for 10:30 but Nurse Linda said I “would be the first one to see Dr. Karen today.” It certainly pays to take care of and remember the nurses.

Dr. Karen said the MRI and the CT scan both showed the two spots on the right lobe of my liver as unchanged. This is what we had thought the results would be. My other tests were all normal. My platelet count was up to 112; this was the first time in maybe a year that it has been over 110.

We talked about the condition of my hands. The Xeloda that I take for chemotherapy has a side effect of severely drying my hands. The skin on my fingers of my right hand is starting to crack at the joints. My left hand is only beginning to show signs of the cracking. Dr. Karen said that she might have to change or reduce the medication dosage soon.

Odds and Ends
Our primary election takes place on Tuesday. This means the auto dialer phone calls will stop and my mailbox will have less junk mail in it.

The weather forecast for this week, my quarter break week, is mostly calling for overcast skies at the beach all week long. Naturally, it was sunny last week when I had to go to school.

I’m reading a book on the fall of Rome. I have no idea why I purchased the book. It is interesting for me.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home