Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Return of the Crows

Return of the Crows
The crows have returned to the park that is next to my building.

This is a yearly ritual with me and the crows. The crows returning to the park has been going on for at least fifteen years and perhaps even longer. They usually have arrived earlier in the past, typically in April. They seem to stay for two months or so and then leave.

I was reading on the balcony when I first heard them and then I saw the crows. I think there were about twenty in the flock. They seem to like the tall eucalyptus trees for some reason. There are pine trees in the park but they are much lower.

While I do not hate the crows; their loud, constant cawing does ruin or spoil my reading time on the balcony. I suppose that I will have a difficult time this quarter at school because I have always graded the Summer Quarter assignments out on the balcony. Sometimes, I take one of my Dutch buddies [a can of cold Heineken’s] with me to keep me company. I think that I may require more than one can to make it through the grading session.

[Full and fair disclosure; I receive no compensation for mentioning Heineken's beer in the blog.]

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly or How was my CT scan today
I had my once every six months CT Scan this morning. This is not how I like to start my mornings.

The Ugly part of a CT Scan has been the reactive dye agent that I have had to swallow. Doug says it smells like wall paper paste. It tastes much worse I think. The Bad part is being stuck with a needle for a reactive dye agent IV. The Good part is that it is a quick procedure and there is no narrow tube to be stuck in as with an MRI procedure.

Today was my lucky day. I only had an IV instead of the dye combination. This is a very good part of the procedure for me.

Perfectomundo.

The Bad part was the technician needed to stab me in three different veins before he could get the IV needle in my arm.

I will get the results on Friday when I see Dr. Karen.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home