Monday, July 28, 2014

Attempted rain



I was trying to read yesterday afternoon when my quiet was interrupted by thunder and lightning. I couldn’t see the lightning very well since it was bright outside. The thunder was loud and close to my flat.
There was some rain. It looked the rain was just enough to spoil the look of a recently washed car. The MINI was outside when the thundering began so I moved it into the car park.
I learned from watching the news today that Redondo Beach had 0.07 inches of rain from the storm.
Regrettably, a young college student was in the ocean and was struck by lightning. He later died at a local hospital.
This was the first time in my forty plus years of living at the beach that someone died from a lightning strike.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home