Thursday, July 31, 2014

Multiplexing on my day off



I went to my local multiplex and saw Lucy and Hercules.
I liked both films for different reasons.
Lucy was a composite science fiction and excellent car chase film. The car chase was one of the best recent ones that I can remember. It was nice to see a female play the lead actor role in an action adventure film. I also liked the film for the more cerebral question it sort of asked about where does human life end and artificial intelligence begin. It reminded me of Her.
Hercules, on the other hand, is a good, straight forward Summer film. I didn’t have to think about the plot or who the bad guys were. I did have time to think about the film as I walked to my car. I was struck with an epiphany of sorts. I thought the film was slightly derivative of the classic Seven Samurai by Kurosawa.
Something to think about.
I finished the fun part of my day with a meal from my local Smashburger. I had coupon from Smashburger for USD$2.00 off my purchase that expires on Sunday. I thought today would be a good day to use.
I had a regular burger with Swiss cheese, applewood smoked bacon, avocado, lettuce, tomato, and an order of shoestring French fired potatos. I ate at home and washed my meal down with a well chilled bottle of Kona Brewing Company’s Longboard Lager.
All in all, it was an excellent day for me.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home