Sunday, May 10, 2015

Early Mothers' Day



I went out to see Marilyn, my favorite and only former wife for an early Mothers’ Day.
It was warmish and sunny at the beach when I left so I put the top down. By the time I got to Long Beach, it was no longer sunny and warmish.
I put the heater on high and drove on.
Yes, I know I could have pulled over, stopped for a minute or two, and put the top up.
Buying a Mothers’ Day gift is always tricky when you haven’t lived with her. Marilyn mentioned she liked maple syrup at Christmas. It was an idea I kept.
I gave her a Syrup Sampler from Stonewall Kitchens of York, Maine. It came with a jar of 100% Maine Maple Syrup and a jar of Wild Blueberry Syrup and Wild Raspberry Syrup. She seemed surprised and very pleased with the syrup sampler. She planned on making pancakes this morning.
We talked for two hours, mostly catching up.
I wisely drove home with the top up.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home