Sunday, October 05, 2014

Finally!



Finally!
My Fatburger finally reopened for business on Monday, September 29th after being closed for four months.
I drove by the store on my way to class on Monday. I saw it was open and I knew I was going there for a Medium Fatburger with Swiss cheese and an order of Fat Fries after my class.
I walked into the Fatburger around 10:30 PM and the crew greeted me with shouts of “Doug’s in the House.” The greeting is because Doug and I went to Fatburger so often and I always used Doug as the order name.
Force of habit is hard to break.
I can understand why some have trouble quitting smoking or drinking. I did manage to give up smoking cigars and pipes cold.
It was so nice to see some of the workers from before the shutdown. I had a fear I would have to start learning to know new worker. They remembered how I like my Fatburger and over loaded my bag of Fat Fries.
I think the remodeling went very well. The Fatburger before had a really seedy dive like atmosphere. Now it was clean, bright with more seats that are comfortable and not rigid plastic. The décor matches now.
In a nice way, one of my favorite fast food places has gone upscale but the food is still the same.



Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home