Sunday, May 03, 2015

Chuckuary V70.1



Chuckuary V70.1
It’s that time of the year; it’s Chuckuary. Chuckuary is a month long celebration of all things Chuck. It used to be called Chuckay but I thought Chuckuary sounded nicer and it rolled off my tongue easier.
Maybe I’m getting old.
The celebration started off on a calm note.
I went to see my family practice doctor for a six month follow up. I’m fine with my blood pressure good [180 over 82] and cholesterol good as well. Now, I’m good for another six months. I switched my diabetes medicine a couple of months ago from Metformin to Actos. I really like the Actos since I tolerate it much better than Metformin.
I had a class to teach in Sylmar. Sylmar is about thirty eight miles from my home. I leave early so I can avoid getting stuck in nightmarish traffic jams that can occur. The Sylmar campus must have a huge electrical bill. I wore a sweater just to stay warm.
I’m teaching a course in Ethics for the first time. ITT Technical Institute measures instructor performance based on student attendance. My attendance numbers aren’t very good. I’m not surprised. A week ago Friday was the hundred anniversary of the Armenian genocide. A third of my students are of Armenian descent and all missed class that day. The only good number is I have kept all of the students; no one has dropped my class so the school is happy with that result.
The school asked me to do some one on one tutoring with a student in Accounting. I think we had a good tutoring session on Friday. She came to the session prepared and I was able to help her get over some mental roadblocks. It seems that many ITT students just over think accounting and stumble and then get discouraged.
My student had trouble understanding the difference between Financial Accounting and Managerial Accounting. We had talked before I started the session so I had some background information that helped my spin out the perfect metaphors to explain the difference. She picked up the difference as soon as I finished saying the metaphors.
I felt very good. We will have another session next week.
Saturday morning I did some one on one tutoring at my main campus in Torrance in Accounting. My Torrance student doesn’t like to ask questions in class very much. When she was by herself, she was a fountain of questions. I feel confident that she now has a better understanding of the material. When I finished my tutoring, I did some administrative work and then went out for my lunch.  
Lunch was at Rubio’s Fish Tacos in Manhattan Beach. I have been going to Rubio’s a couple of times a month, mostly for lunch. My meal was an Ancho Chili Shrimp Burrito with avocado slices and black beans. It was very tasty and not too spicy. I enjoy the cooking at Rubio’s. The shrimp was grilled so that was mostly healthy. I took the photo after I had a bite.


Today I went to the market for my weekly shopping trip.
Since it is Chuckuary, I spoiled myself with some Hagen Daze Dark Chocolate Chip gelato iced cream. I also picked up a bag of six onion bagels. I like bagels but limit myself to only a six pack bag a month. I added some smoked Pacific salmon. My lunch to day was a toasted sliced bagel with cream cheese, capers, and the smoked salmon. The cream cheese kept the capers on the bagel.
No spilled capers, excellent!
My friend Lisa sent me an email. I hadn’t heard from her in a while. She asked how I was and if I wasn’t seeing anyone she had someone she thought would be perfect for me. I replied and said I might be interested because I didn’t know anything about Ms Mysterious. I sent along two recent photos of me that were taken at school. I wanted to include a photo me all cleaned up. I did include one of me next to the MINI with the top down and me in jeans and hoodie.

Be well and stay happy.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home