Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Zack's, Sausalito California

Zack’s
Zack’s was the bar that Julie Ann Jeremy took me to in 1967. Zack’s was located in Sausalito, another small town in Marin County on the north side of San Francisco Bay. My Brother sent me an email this morning after he read the blog. He has been living and working in San Francisco since 1968 and knew a lot of the bars. He said it was located near the water and that Zack’s had long since closed.

My Brother also told me that he googled Julie Ann and found that she was married in August 1969.

I was serving as the Operations Officer on the good ship Lucid. We were high and dry in the shipyard dry dock in San Diego as the ship underwent a major overhaul. At the time, I was thinking about making my third deployment to the Western Pacific and the Great Pacific Fleet. I was not looking forward to a 45 day transit from Long Beach to Da Nang, assuming the ship suffered no major breakdowns along the way.

Me and the Cancer
I had a typical visit with the colorectal surgeons on Monday. I am convinced they do not like me and go out of their way to make my life miserable. I saw a new surgeon on Monday; that was to be expected. One of the first things she said was that I was having the pre-colonoscopy visit early since the procedure was scheduled for November 30th. I quickly corrected her and said the procedure was scheduled for October 30th. She said she would check the schedule later at the end of the consultation. She checked and her notes were wrong.

I hope that was all that was wrong.

The last time I spoke with Dr. Karen I referred to the colorectal surgeons as being her friends. She declined that association and suggested that they were doctors in the hospital that she worked with from time to time or words and thoughts to that affect.

The consultation was routine. It was a warning about everything that could possibly go wrong with the procedure up to and including death.

I didn’t have much choice with the decision if I want to have my colon reconnected anytime soon. No colonoscopy, no reconnection surgical procedure.

I think we had a term for that I law school; we called it a contract of adhesion.

Anyway.

Then on Tuesday, I had the tests. I got x-rayed and an electrocardiogram. I was pleased to see that the ECG showed that I still had a functioning heart. Having been a banker for so long, I had a slight fear that it might have atrophied.

I had six blood tests run and luckily for me the lab only needed three vials of my blood. The lab has sucked out so much blood that I sometimes am surprised that I still have any left in me now.

bing.com
When I checked the visitor log, I noticed that between five and ten percent of the referrals to the blog are now coming from bing.com. It is nice to see that bing.com is doing well.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home