Tuesday, February 22, 2005

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few

That is just so unfair.

Canceling Star Trek Enterprise is such a crummy idea. I have done my part; I have mailed my protest coupons off to Viacom [owner of the UPN Network] and to the Sci-Fi Channel. James T. Kirk would not have sacrificed one to save many.

Oh well, I'm almost over it now.

It is still raining here in unsunny Southern California. This is the fifth rainiest season on record; but, that was as of yesterday and with today's rain, this season should move up on the rain charts.

Yesterday, I drove out to see The Big Guy to celebrate his birthday. We celebrated in traditional style. We went to the Original Tommy's and had double chili cheeseburgers, chili cheese fries for him and I had regular fries, and drinks.

BURP.

It was so gooooood. Then, we went to DVD Planet.com to pick up some more DVDs. I wanted to pick up a couple of recent releases and ended coming up short. This is what happens when you go to a store with 10,000 or so DVDs. It is difficult to make proper choices. I have started on a list for the next time I go there.

The Big Guy was goofing on me for buying some classic Disney cartoons, Dumbo and Alice in Wonderland. I todl that was for when the grandchildren come over to visit me. His mother asked me who I was expecting to produce grandchildren. She pointed out neither one of the little darlings have a serious relationship now.

I sighed. Oh well, life happens. Maybe my nephew or step nieces will [a] have children and [b] live near me. Doubtful.

I did talk to The Girl Friend today and that was one of my high points. She missed seeing me this weekend. I missed her as well. We did make some plans for when we get together next weekend.

Another of my high points was getting to work this morning and avoiding any rain. Right after I returned from my corner Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, it started to rain and rained off and on, mostly on, for the rest of the day and into the night. There was a touch of lightening and thunder a while ago.

All in all, it was a very good day since Monday was a holiday and that means it is a four day week. That is all good.

Be well and stay happy and keep dry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home