Sunday, February 20, 2005

where's the blogger?

Hello gentle readers.

I trust that you are well, happy, and dry.

I suppose you have been wondering where I have been. Then again, you may not care either. I was going to toss out a blog on Thursday after I got home from my meeting in San Diego. But, after a four hour drive that only covered 112 miles, I was exhausted. I changed into the jammies, read the paper, ate a light snack, and then crawled into the bed.

On the plus side, I did sleep really well that night.

For those of you who are not in Southern California, we have had lots and lots of rain. I'm not ready to see if Captain Noah needs a navigator for the Ark just yet. I could see myself signing on if this rain keeps up.

Some of you know that I smoke cigars. I only smoke very good cigars because I like that life is too short for warm beer and cheap cigars. I also only smoke outside because I don't want the odor to linger inside the place, especially in the winter with the windows closed. The Girl Friend scored massive points with me on St Valentines Day. She gave me some really great cigars and I have been unable to enjoy them.

Sure, I know that some of you are saying that it's only 55F/12C outside and be a man, suck it up and go smoke the stoogie. And, that is very true. But, I will not sit on the cold, damp, gloomy, windy balcony, dressed like an Eskimo just to enjoy a cigar. I can wait for a few weeks until it gets warm. Besides smoking a cigar now would be like asking Miles to have some more Merlot.

Friday was a good day for me. I woke rested and relaxed, but that was easy to do. I worked on some stuff that came out of the San Diego meeting and finished up a small project.

The Big Guy called to tell me that he cancelled out on his hair appointment for Monday so we moved our lunch up a couple of hours. Monday is a holiday for us and most all of the citizens of this Great Land of Ours. We will either go to Albertacos [Mexican], Tommy's [chili cheese burgers and chili fries], or In-N-Out [classic American hamburgers].

The Girl Friend is really big on eating healthy food and she says that once in a while to off and pig out on fast/junk food is not going to do that much harm. She says I eat well during the week and a little fun food is good for me. See what I mean about The Girl Friend being a keeper.

Anyway.

I did do some writing this weekend and made some progress on my dissertation. I hope to finish it up by the Fall. I was successful with some more research work and finding more information. This is like one of those contests where the competiton keeps raising the offer by $1.00. A student can never have too much research and information. I should have my research work done in a couple of weeks and then I will spend a month or so putting it together in a coherent narrative that my committee will approve.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home