Wednesday, February 23, 2005

someone really likes me...well, almost maybe

I was so excited last night when I checked on the blog's site meter and discovered that I had visitors. So way cool.

OK, so eight visitors is not going to set any records in my lifetime.

Still, it is nice to know that some things I babble about have value to others. With this sense of support, I will continue on with the ramblings and musings of middle aged life.

We had sun in Los Angeles today. And, hardly any rain. I think we will have a couple of days of no rain and then go back into the rain cycle again. This year's rainy season, yes, we will really do have a rainy season on Southern California, looks like it will be the wettest on record. So far, we have over 36 inches/91 centimeters of rain. To put that in its proper perspective, our normal rainfall is around 14 inches/35 centimeters. We still have two more months of normally wet weather so there seems to be little doubt we will surpass the record level.

I am making my travel plans to go to Atlanta to visit The Princess, the favorite and only daughter, for her birthday. If you ask her if she is The Princess, she would say I am you know and smile. Hopefully, Delta Airlines will have its act somewhat close together and the flight will not be flying hell.

On the plus side, I am not changing planes in Hartsfield International Airport in Atlanta. The last time I did that I had to haul myself from the end of one concourse to the middle of another concourse, two rows over. I missed my flight naturally.

Delta was nice and put me on the next flight, sitting in the middle of the row, between two, living proof, arguments for periodic draining of the gene pool. These cretins were a couple that wanted to sit by the window and aisle. I was a big block for them when they wanted to talk when I pulled the tray down and pulled out my laptop so I could do some work listen to some good music.

Good music, in this case, was the Pipes and Drums and Regimental Band of the Royal Highland Regiment or as it is better known, the Black Watch. Apparently my southern seatmates have no acquired the same taste for music as I have. Bagpipes are a truly acquired taste. It is hard to not have chills run down your spine when Amazing Grace is played on the bagpipes.

This will be a short blog since I need to hop over to Expedia.com and book a couple of flights and a room at the Courtyard in Atlanta.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home