Wednesday, May 11, 2005

It's Wednesday and I'm tired

Hello blogistas and gentle readers.

I didn't get to create a blog posting for the faithful last night. Life happens and we move on.

I think I told you that I was going to a charity reception last night where I would see my old Co-Worker. Her company was sponsoring a VIP part of the reception. The general reception was built around the common "taste of ..." concept.

Probably would have had good grub too.

I didn't show up there last night. I missed the good grub and the Co-Worker but avoided the really killer drives on the freeways after work.

I got invited to attend a meeting with one of the bank's biggest customers; actually, it was with the finance guys and those are the ones a banker like me wants to talk with. The meeting was at our office and was scheduled to start at 5:00 PM and last about an hour. At 6:00 PM; leaving my office in Century City to drive to Pasadena would have taken 90 minutes or so, making it 7:30 by the time I would have arrived. The reception ended at 8:00 so all of the good food would be gone by the time I got there. Then, I would have had to drive back home without really eating.

I called the Co-Worker to say business plans came up and I would miss her and the reception. All I got was her voice mail. She does have a sexy voice mail message to listen to.

She called me after she got home from the event and told me how nice it was. She said she would have been able to get me into her company's VIP reception easily. Oh well.

Tuesday, we celebrated my birthday in the office with a chocolate cake that almost vanished before my eyes. Now, you may ask why celebrate on Tuesday when my birthday was Saturday. We couldn't celebrate on Friday because it was Donut Friday and that would have created an ugly sugar high for a bunch of the staffers. Tuesday is when our intern is at the office and we wanted to include her. So Tuesday, it was.

The office staffers will never get any recording contracts based on yesterday's performances.

For those of you who read the Big Guy's blog, http://skeetonmischa.blogspot.com, I should warn you that he had a ghost writer for the next few weeks while he goes through finals.

The Big Guy told me one of his professors told him he didn't have to turn in a term paper and that he was going to receive an "A"for the class. Dad was really proud of the son and told him so. The Big Guy is really enjoying school now that he has a better crop of professors.

I went to the market on my way home tonight because I was running out of food to eat. I really look out of place when I go to market dressed like this. I was the only man in a suit and tie in the market.

Tonight was hit on Chuck night at the market. One short and slim Asian woman with a horde of kids asked me if I could reach the top shelf for her. I said sure because I could see she wasn't going to be able to reach it. She thanked me the stretch and then tried to start up a conversation with me by asking me if I went to that market often. I ditched the conversation since I don't need to get involved with a woman with small children [in elementary or middle schools].

Full and fair disclosure on kids. I like kids; I have two of my own that are grown now. I just don't want to have any more small kids around unless they are called grandchildren and can be quickly returned to their parents when they leak or get hungry.

When I went to check out, the woman in front of me wanted to borrow my market club card because she had forgotten her card in her car. She also tried to start up a conversation but I ruled her out on the grounds of forgetting your house/car keys and leaving them in the car is not too smart. She shared too much information with me.

I have been staying up too late over the last few nights so I am going to wrap this blog up now and get into bed early for a change.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home