Thursday, July 21, 2005

another slow day

Day 4 in the non-destruction work on the building next door. It is probably good for the workers to be avoiding the hot sun out there.

Just more dust in the wind.

I had a lot of phone calls and made a bunch of them today. I had the opportunity to look out of the window while I was on hold or listening to music on hold. Some conversations were dull so looking outside was a good idea.

I could a crew of workers stripping off the old roof of a building a couple of blocks away. I felt sorry for the crew since it was hot outside. They were able to get the old roof off completely and then lay out the new roof paper. I guess it will be coated with tar tomorrow. That will be hot work for sure.

Having an office on the 10th floor means you can see a lot of activity at the lower levels.

I have a writing class at school on Saturday. It is supposed to help me with my dissertation. I am looking forward to the class since it meets on alternate Saturdays for two hours, from 4:00 to 6:00 PM. I think the class will end before the scheduled time.

After the class, the Big Guy and I are having dinner. I am already more than half way there so why not go out for grub with the Big Guy. I think we will be at Albertacos. We haven’t been there in a month or longer. As he says, “there is no bad time for Albertacos.” We will probably have two, Number 8s with a medium drink and maybe an extra carne asada soft taco.

Ahhhh. Life is good.

I should point out that his mother [and my ex-wife] does not understand why we go there. Maybe it is just a guy thing.

I went and got my hair cut on the way home tonight. As usual, Michele the Stylist cut off more than I wanted her to cut. We even had a brief discussion of what I wanted. I suppose that I will either have to accept Michele’s inability to cut my hair or live with the consequences of her efforts.

My hair does not look bad. It is just shorter than what I would like.

I have my cinema plans set for the weekend. I plan to see the Rob Zombie film THE DEVIL’S REJECTS on Saturday morning. This will give me time to run some errands and get to class on time. I am planning on seeing WEDDING CRASHERS and CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY on Sunday if the theater doesn’t screw up again on me.

Errata events: The Prelude clicked over 323,000 miles yesterday on the way home from the office. The Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence is coming up on its 900th search in another day or so.

Sweet.

I think that shapes up to be a nice weekend with a full range of activities for me.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home