Wednesday, July 20, 2005

It's almost the weekend

It’s Wednesday evening and that means the week is half over gentle readers. This has been a slow week for me.

The big event for me was the Big Guy calling about his registration for school. He got three of the four classes that he wanted to take so that is good I guess. Two of them seem like they should be easy courses for him. Easy courses are always welcome for any student. The other two look like they will require some work and paper writing. Paper writing is not difficult for someone who styles himself as a budding writer.

The Big Guy gave his grade point averages. They were very good. His GPA at California State University Fullerton is 3.83 on a 4.00 scale. His combined GPA that includes his course work at Saddleback Community College is 3.11. With some diligent work, I would expect the overall GPA to improve somewhat.

At lunch, I was reading about the typhoon or now tropical storm that reached the Shanghai region of China today. I wondered if my friend from Shanghai was safe from the storm’s fury. The other two are far enough away from the storm to be safe. Beijing may get some rain out of the remnants of the storm. Rain will only spoil a parade I think.

Speaking or typing of rain, some portions of greater Los Angeles had rain, heavy at times, this afternoon. The rain was mostly in the mountains and foothills; none near the beach. I did see a lightning flash this afternoon. It was a straight cloud to ground strike with none of the fancy bolting around like one sees in a movie. The strike was far enough away from my office so that I did not hear the thunder.

Today is Day Three in the non-destruction work at the building next door. Nothing happened except some dust got blown around again today.

I know that more happened today but I am just unclear whether or nor it rises to the level of significance of being included in the daily blog. Maybe I will toss some in as filler in the Weekend Update.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home