Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The Force was with me today

Hello gentle readers.

The Force was with me today. I also think Yoda and Obi-Wan were there as well.

I usually go out for my morning coffee. I drink decaffeinated coffee and I am the only one in the office who does this. It is silly and wasteful to make a pot of coffee for only two cups and then toss the rest out. Besides, the walk to the coffee shop is good exercise for me.

I went out for coffee today. I got in the elevator and pushed “G” for the ground floor. The elevator car made a non-stop drop to the ground floor from the tenth floor where my office is and went right past it. The car sort of bounced off of the Parking 1 level and ended up back at the proper floor. It was unnerving for me.

But, gentle readers, you will be pleased to know that I did not panic and pee in my pants. I calmly walked out of the elevator and out of the building for my coffee. Coffee was too important to be delayed.

I saw this message on a car license plate frame while I was stopped for a traffic light:

We Love You

FATTY GIRL!!!

I don’t know more to say aside from wowie kazowie.

My Brother called me today with his travel plans to our niece’s wedding. The first thing he asked me is what day was it in non-deconstruction of the building next door. I said it was Day 23. We talked about the building.

It looks like I will be going to Minneapolis for the wedding also. Our cousin, the bride’s mother, is happy that we are making the trip. The Brother said our niece would be excited except that she is probably pre-occupied with other things.

What could be more exciting than the Two Uncles flying in from the Coast?

Anyway, I will be making my travel plans with Expedia.com later on tonight.

I was supposed to call the Old Girl Friend last night. We did not reach out and touch each other over the copper wires. She sort of neglected to tell me which number to call to reach her. I left her a voice message at her office today and said I would try again tonight.

So that was my day. Not a bad day as days go for me. The phone volume was off a little from earlier this week.

I may not be here with a posting tomorrow night. There is an outside possibility of talking the Old Girl Friend into taking me out to dinner. I have to be over by her office tomorrow so I will suggest that I swing by her building after I finish my work and then drive us to one of our favorite restaurants that we have been going to since 1988.

I know I have a sort of moral obligation to be here for you and post. But, a free meal with a hot Asian American woman may be just to much to pass up.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home