Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Meet the new big boss today

It was also Day 22 in the building next door’s non-deconstruction saga. Nothing was happening, not even a sleeping security agent in sight.

The new big boss stopped by the office today. I think it was one of those grip and grin meetings where he just wanted to faces with the names in the boxes in the organizational chart.

Sort of come around the place and show the flag.

I had a nice lunch out of his visit. It would have been better if the server had managed to not ignore me. I got my lunch, a simple sandwich, about five minutes after everyone else. Anyway, I am over the slow service. I was over it by the time we walked back to the office.

The new big boss spent about half an hour with me personally and that was really nice. He was interested in what I was doing and how I fitted into the grander scheme of things. I think I scored a point or two with him because I whipped up some plain handouts that he could take with him that outlined my completed projects in terms of their specifications and target markets. I also gave him a copy of my work in process and work yet to do report.

Time will tell how things will work out for me.

My Younger Brother called me today. He was getting back to me about going to another niece’s wedding next month. He hadn’t made up his mind on going but I think he probably will go to the wedding. I am leaning towards going to the wedding as well. He said he would be calling me tomorrow or the next day and let me know what his plans are.

The Big Guy called today. He said my new cellphone doesn’t have voice mail like my old phone did. It looks like I will be spending part of the weekend programming the voice mail function. I would have thought that it would work like my old one.

Oh well, technology is not all that great of an event in human existence if you ask me.

The Big Guy was wondering about setting up a network at his house so his mother could use his old Apple G4 to go online and surf the Internet. I think we can get it to work but we will probably need a new modem so I told him to call EarthLink tech support in Mumbai or Bangalore or wherever it is located these days. They should be able to set him up fairly quickly.

I went to the market on the way home from work to pick up a few things. I didn’t go to my regular market because this one was next to pharmacy where I picked up a prescription refill. I used to show here but gave up on them when they made a mess out of a Christmas turkey order.

The market is old and way past due for a remodeling or upgrade. It shows in less crowded aisles, always a plus, and sadder produce, major negative factor.

I had sort of hoped that I might meet some interesting talent while I checked out the tomatoes. Unfortunately, there were no interesting women in the market tonight. Maybe Tuesday is an off night or maybe I was there at the wrong time.

Oh well, I will worry about that later on when I have some spare time.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home