Thursday, August 18, 2005

a little bit of this and that

Well gentle readers, it is almost the weekend and I am happy about that. But then, aren’t we all happy about weekends.

I want to give a big Southern California beach shout out to the Korean reader of the blog. I think you are the farthest away reader.

Today was Day 24 in the building next door non-deconstruction work. I did see the security agent today. He looked like he was reading inside of an air conditioned hut or station.

I wonder what he was reading. Probably not Shakespeare, Tolstoy, or Kafka.

There was no bounce in the elevator ride this morning as I went to get my coffee. You have no idea how good that made me feel this morning.

I can remember back when ICQ users had only seven numbers of less in their account numbers. I used to think I was a newbie with ICQ until I noticed the account numbers crossed the 100,000,000 mark. Now they are over the 300,000,000 mark. Are these all individuals or people with multiple identities?

Maybe some one can explain why people on ICQ seem to add you to their contact list and then never contact you when you are online. If you added someone to your contact list, doesn’t it stand to reason that you would contact that person when they came online?

Oh well, I don’t accept new contacts anymore. I even have one dead person in my contact list.

Hmmmm, that is also an interesting comment on my life as well.

I booked my flights to Minneapolis for the niece’s wedding this morning. This means you can all look forward to another post wedding weekend up date in a couple of weeks. The Brother nagging me for booking indirect flights [I have to change planes along the way to save about $190 on my flights].

Maybe I should nag him because he booked his non-stop flights on Northwest Airlines. I wonder what will happen if the NWA machinists go out on strike. The labor union and the airlines about $80 million apart on wage concessions and there are no positive relations with the labor and management.

Having once worked for an affiliate of Continental Airlines, I make it a point to tract labor negotiations with any air carrier that I might consider flying.

This is shaping up to be an uncomplicated weekend for me.

I have class on Saturday afternoon from 4:00 to 6:00 PM. It takes a good hour to drive to school so that sucks up most of the afternoon and early evening.

I am going to spend Saturday morning with the new cell phones and have them set up properly. That ought to take a couple of hours. I need to get this done or the phone will be less than 100% useful for me.

Sometime over the weekend, I need to call my ISP provider’s tech support in Mumbai or Bangalore or wherever they are located to make sure I understand how I am going to have to setup the Big Guy’s new home network. This should be a real challenge for me.

I am leaning towards the network based on the house’s electrical cables. They are in place and go to where they need to go. Wireless just seems too insecure now. I like security and you can never have too much security when it comes to the Internet.

The Big Guy said the only film worth seeing this weekend is BROKEN FLOWERS so that will fill up Sunday afternoon very nicely.

I think I can find some time to read and smoke out on the balcony over the weekend. I ought to make a trip down to the beach and see what the young ladies are wearing this season. This is always a very worth while trip and use of my spare time.

I will see you all on Sunday with the Weekend Update.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home