Monday, September 19, 2005

Monday Monday

It was a Monday Monday today for me gentle readers.

It was also a good day at the office as well. We had no emergencies or other business interruptions. That was very nice.

I do not have too much to say so you will be in and out of the blog quickly. Besides, I posted a lot of material yesterday for you to read.

Today was a slow day for me.

I had to tell a potential borrower that he could not have the amount of money that he wanted because he did not have enough income to pay the loan back. I don’t approve loans where the expectation of repayment comes from a foreclosure of the borrower’s assets. I don’t think he heard much of what I had to say when we spoke.

Then, I worked on another credit. I have spent almost a full day trying to see where I can find some income and cash to make the payments on a proposed credit. The most recent tax return showed a loss of over $190,000. With a loss of that size and another loss the year before, I am very likely to decline this loan request. What troubles me more is that another division of the bank is about to close a $1,650,000 loan to this borrower. I am going to ask another loan officer to take a look at the file and see if I missed anything here. It is always possible that I did miss something.

The Big Guy called today. He was having trouble with his semi-new Apple G5 computer. He said his Word program was freezing up when he ran spell check on a moderate sized document. In his conversation / email exchange with Microsoft tech support, the tech support person indicated the trouble was likely in the G5’s RAM stack. The tech support person gave him a simple solution to resolve the problem. If the solution does not work, then he will haul the G5 back to the Apple store for a RAM stack replacement. I figure this repair job will about cover the cost of the extended warranty service on the G5.

We had one of the senior managers at the bank stop by our office today. No one knew he was stopping by or why he was in the area. Surprises like this keep you on your toes and alert.

I told you this would be short.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home