Thursday, September 15, 2005

Weekend Preview

Hello again gentle readers. The weekend is almost here and I can hardly wait for it to arrive. With all of the trouble at work, I am looking forward to no emergencies.

We had some more trouble at work today. Our network connections at the phone company went out for maybe two or more hours. The network administrators restored the connections and we were able to complete a full day’s work in our regular offices.

My Amazon.com books arrived this morning. They had been sitting on the truck since Tuesday. I am looking forward to starting to read them this weekend. I hope it is sunny so I can read out on the balcony on Sunday.

Maybe even smoke a cigar too. That would be very nice indeed.

It was Day 43 in the Non-Deconstruction of the building next door. One of the two palm trees on the roof of the building is starting to look poorly. I think it has not had any water in over two months. I am not sure if it will last until the rains come.

The Big Guy called today. He was in a break from his Film Production class and wanted to know if I knew where the Korean Friendship Bell was located. I said of course I know, I’m the Navigator,

The Big Guy has to go there for a location scouting exercise for class. He needs to take some photos of the place and develop some other information and then put it all on a poster board for class. It should be an easy project for him. He plans to get a couple of disposable cameras and take his photos on them. Then, drop the cameras off at a one hour photo kiosk for developing.

We plan to have lunch while the film is being developed. We have to kill time and going to the Original Tommy’s Hamburgers at Rampart and Beverly in downtown adjacent Los Angeles is an excellent way to kill time.

The Korean Friendship Bell was a gift from the people of Korea to the people of the United States following the Korean War. It is in Los Angeles because we have a large Korean community here.

I was surprised about the professor’s choice of the Bell as a standard location scout site. It is probably fifty miles and a bunch of kilometers from the university. For some students, they will be looking at a drive of over 125 to 150 miles or more. That will hurt the gasoline budget.

The location exercise takes up the middle of Saturday. I will do some other minor tasks before and after the exercise. I also need to phone the Princess to see how the latest order of brownies tasted. The brownies are scheduled to arrive on Friday sometime.

Sunday is a day to go to the cinema. I think I may see either THE CORPSE BRIDE or the LORD OF WAR. Interesting choices.

This will be a slow weekend I hope and I hope you all have a great weekend too.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home