Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Black Wednesday


Black Wednesday
Today, I was laid off from the company, making today Black Wednesday. I was hired to help the company add a new business segment. Since August, when the champion of the new business segment initiative left the company, I had figured my days were numbered. My work was exactly what the company hired me to do and the company has no complaints about what I was doing. It’s just that the company is going in a different direction.

I hope the company succeeds on its current course. I think it will muddle through over time.

On the Plus Side
I won’t be getting up at 5:00 AM tomorrow so that can’t be all bad.

I won’t be making the round trip to the office in heavy traffic tomorrow and tomorrow carries a forecast of rain and my gasoline usage will be down dramatically. That can’t be all bad either.

I won’t have to figure what to wear to the Christmas Party or who to invite to go with me and I won’t have to wonder what to get for the annual gift exchange in the office. That can’t be al bad either.

I will have some time to figure out how to work my new digital camera. I will have some time to read my historical novel, The Three Kingdoms. That can’t be all bad.

On the Down Side
I did not get to say goodbye to the people where I have worked these last 18 months. I started earlier than them and was out of the door before they came to work.

Days
Today was Day 72 in the building next door non-deconstruction saga. This is also likely to be the last report since I am highly unlikely to drive into Century City just to see that no work was taking place.

Sharon’s Photo
Sharon’s photo did not arrive in the mail today. Maybe it will arrive tomorrow but I will not hold my breath until I have it in my hands.

Be well and stay happy gentle readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home