Thursday, October 27, 2005

Sleeping In - Sort Of


Sleeping In – Sort Of
Well gentle readers, I tried my hand or body at sleeping today. I did not set the alarm last night and in spite of my best efforts I was unsuccessful. I woke up around 3:45 AM to go to the bathroom.

I tried to go back to sleep but all I could manage was tossing around until I finally got out of bed at 6:00 AM. Not a very successful sleeping in day if you ask me.

Sharon
Sharon called me this morning to see if I received her email about a job opening at her company, a very much larger bank. I said that I had and would be sending my resume off to the hiring person. I also asked which divisions of the bank were better than. Sharon gave me a couple of ideas.

I was going to ask to go to lunch on Saturday so I could pick up the famous unsent photo of her. She is going out of town this weekend so I won’t be taking her to lunch on Saturday. Sharon suggested that I drive into downtown Los Angeles and join her for lunch. I could pick up the famous photo then.

Sharon suggested that we have lunch sometime next week. I will see how things develop. Maybe we will have lunch then. I can also tell you about the famous photo.

Job Searching
I emailed one of my former big bosses at the old company to ask if he would be a reference for me in my job search. He said he would happy to act as a reference. He also expressed regret that I was laid off. That was a particularly appreciated gesture by me.

I spent most of the day creating online resumes and posting them to Monster.com and Career Builder.com. That is a long and slow process, especially if you create multiple resumes for different situations as I was doing. I still have one more to create plus revise an existing one. That should take most of the morning tomorrow.

I also spent some time looking at the very recent job postings. I found a couple where I matched all but one or at most two of the desired – required job skills or experiences. That was so frustrating to be close but as far away as being on Mars.

The Old Office
One of the staffers from the old office called me today. She was upset that I had left yesterday without saying good bye to them. I explained that the company preferred to have me leave as quickly and quietly as possible so there would be no scenes or upset.

That is a logical request from their point of view. I respect their position.

We talked about the fact that she would miss me even though I was not part of the entertainment finance group. She felt that I was a good person to be around because of my cheerful nature and even disposition. She said most of the staffers were upset about my departure. That made me feel good as well.

We laughed together when I told that I wouldn’t have to worry about who to ask to go the holiday party with. She laughed some more when I said that I wouldn’t have to think over what to get for the holiday gift exchange in the office or what to make the luncheon that day.

Plus Side Event
Since I was at home today, I took some time from job searching to go out on the balcony and smoke one the cigars by coworker had sent me. Of course, it wasn’t Summer smoking out on the balcony. I had to wear long pants. I had to put on a warm jacket and zip it all the way up just to stay warm. It was breezy enough to blow the smoke away so that I didn’t bother anyone.

I did have a nice 80 minute smoking session this afternoon with a very nice and very mild cigar. I also had time to read some more of volume two of The Three Kingdoms while I was smoking.

Weekend Preview
I think you will just have to wait until tomorrow night for my weekend preview. I will be adjusting my posting schedule over the next week or so. I will let you know when to dial in for another posting from time to time.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home