Friday, October 28, 2005

Weekend Preview

Well, the weekend is here and this is a short post. It would have been longer if I had added it to my Thursday night posting.

More Down Side Residue
I came up with some more down side residue from the lay-off. Since I am now no longer working for the company, I won’t be getting a bonus in February like I had planned on. So, no bonus, no big screen, plasma, HDTV, dlp, lcd television for me anytime soon.

I can live with the small screen for a while longer. I will benefit from waiting as the prices keep falling. When I do buy a big screen, it will be a larger model than I could have purchased now and it will have better technology. I win all around the table.

Halloween Tricks
I was reading the local newspaper’s sports section yesterday night after posting. I flashed and nearly heaved my dinner. My first reaction to the article was...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

The article was speculating that the NFL would permanently relocate the New Orleans Saints to Los Angeles since their venue in New Orleans is broken and will not be repaired for a long time to come. The Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum has been vacant on Sundays for years. It has been an excellent football venue for years.

Tomorrow, the Coliseum will be sold out for the University of Southern California Trojans home coming football game. There will be around 92,000 football fans in the seats. USC is going for its thirtieth consecutive win.

The Saints are a terrible team that can’t win and won’t be able to win in Los Angeles. I don’t think the Saints have ever had more than 50,000 fans show up for a game. Three would be a great consecutive game win streak for them.

Los Angeles doesn’t deserve a crummy team like the Saints. They were a crummy team long before Hurricane Katrina. No amount of lipstick is going to make this pig look beautiful, even if all of Hollywood’s make-up artists and special effects technicians worked from now to New Years Day to make the Saints look good.

The NFL needs to stay away from Los Angeles forever.

Los Angeles is a great world class city. We do not have to prove anything to anyone. No other US city has hosted two Summer Olympic games. We do not need them at all. We do get to choose from four free games every Sunday that we can watch from the comfort of our homes in our flannel jammies. That is not bad at all. Most of the choices are the tops ones

Bad Timing Award
Here is my nomination for the Bad Timing Award.

The Mexican Tourist Board and the Cancun area have been running televisions ads here talking about how great a vacation to Cancun would be, right after Hurricane Wilma devastated the area and almost destroyed every hotel that serves the tourist business. It is unfortunate that this happened since it is money lost with no real gain.

Be well and stay happy gentle readers and enjoy your weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home