Monday, December 12, 2005

Back to Work Day

Back to Work Day
Yes, like most of you gentle readers, I went back to work today. I would have preferred to spend the bulk of the day at home in my warm and comfy bed. But, like many of you, work pays the bills and maintains my Internet connection.

Anyway.

Job Searching and Interviewing
I had a phone call from a recruiter on my drive home tonight. That is always the best time to discuss a potential job and how my skills would fit what the client needs.

Not.

I asked the recruiter to call me in fifteen minutes when I would be home.

She called me a half hour later. So much for promptness and follow through.

I broke the recruiter’s hopes that I would be a good fit for the job. I broke my heart at turning it down since she said it paid up to $150,000 annually. Unfortunately, I lack the accounting background to be a controller at a community bank. I think I could have done the job but I would not have been happy working with numbers all day long for years at a stretch.

I did send out some resumes towards the end of the week for jobs that I think I could excel at. One was a credit union president at a troubled credit union. It had lost money so it would be a challenge to turn it around. I have done that before and swore that I would never do another turn around again.

Being out of work changes your pre-set ideas sometimes.

Monday Bits and Pieces
I finished up my Christmas cards last night after tossing up or out my weekend update blog posting. I ended up with a few leftovers that I can carry forward to next year or cover the ones I forgot to think about for this year.

The company where I am working now is going to have a Holiday lunch next week. I found out about the lunch when one of the administrative assistants asked if I was going to be working there next week. I told her that as far as I knew I would be there for the lunch.

After all, what’s not to like about a free lunch. Burp.

My morning was brightened by the CEO’s assistant who stuck her head in my office today. She wanted to know if I thought she was weird.

Women, take note, if you ask a question like that you probably are weird or fat or the dress doesn’t fit well. Remember; never ever ask a man a question that you don’t want to hear the answer to. Save those questions for your girl friends.

I told her that she was sometimes weird but, for the most part, she seemed normal to me. I guess this was a backhanded compliment and I think it confused her because she did not speak to me for the balance of the day.

Enjoy your day and be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home