Monday, December 19, 2005

Mondays are so overrated

I so did not want to get out of bed this morning.
Crud.

I just did not feel like getting out of bed this morning and I don’t know why I felt that way. I did have a good night’s sleep or what passes for a good night’s sleep for me. I would have been home alone and that would not be too much fun.

Anyway, I pulled my butt out of bed and dragged myself into work. I put in a full day’s work.

Do you ever read signs in buildings?
Well, do you ever read signs in buildings?

From time to time, I do read the signs and sometimes wonder what message they are trying to convey.

The sandwich shop in our building with the evil ice cream freezer chest has a sign up saying they proudly serve and pour their house blend of coffee. Fair enough, that seems pretty reasonable. They also have a sign that says they serve Starbuck brand of coffee.

So which is it, the house blend or Starbucks coffee that I am drinking every morning?

Based on the price, I’m guessing it is not Starbucks unless it is the Starbucks that got swept up off of the grinding room floor. At $1.75 for a large cup that I guess is close to 24 ounces / 700 milliliters, I think it is house blend. That would be a very cheap cup of Starbucks coffee.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Driving to Work.
I knew it was holiday time and schools were out for their vacations and breaks because my drive to work was quicker than usual and there was less traffic. Too bad it can’t always be like this.

Coming home was just as nice for a change.

I expect next week it will be even better as some of the large employers in the area shut down for the week between Christmas and New Year’s.

Job Searching and Interviewing.
I had a nice email in my in-box when I got home tonight. A recruiter at a company wants me to contact them about a position in their organization.

I will give the recruiter a call tomorrow while I kill time when the Pathfinder is being serviced. I just know that I will have time to kill and this would be one wait to occupy it.

Sweet Eating.
This is Sweet Eating time at the company where I am working now. I hope I do not over indulge and make a glutton of myself. One of the managers made a rum cake over the weekend and she sent over some slices for the location where I am working.

My slice tasted so good with my morning coffee. It certainly was a very nice start to the day.
Towards mid-day, one of the company vendors came by with a large box of chocolate for the President. He shared it with the rest of us.

I consider it a real feat of courage and self restraint that I only had four pieces of candy between lunch time and going home time, five hours later. There was at least half of the box left so there will some candy hopefully left by the time I arrive at work tomorrow.

Doug and Jury Duty.
The Big Guy called to say that he got excused from jury duty without having to serve as a juror. Now, he is off the list for a couple of years.

Doug said he was called as part of the pool of eighteen potential jurors that was called to form the jury panel in a hit and run traffic case where there was only property damage. The lawyers filled the required panel without having to call him.

Since there was only one case that required a jury today, all of the potential jurors were sent home and excused from jury duty until the next call.

That was our day today.

Live well and play hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home