Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I had some notes about what I was going to write tonight somewhere

I had some notes about what to write tonight somewhere
I had some notes about what to write tonight somewhere gentle readers. I think I left them on a post-it note that was sticking, like it should be, to my desk blotter. I will see the post-it in the morning and that will be good.

Nice Guy Chuck again
It was Nice Guy Chuck again today.

I was leaving for work this morning when I saw a wallet on the floor of the parking structure between the Prelude and the tenants in another unit’s car. Since it wasn’t my wallet, I figured it belonged to one of the guys who parks next to me.

We don’t have the same schedules and live on different floors so I really don’t know him. I stuck the wallet under the wiper blade. I thought it would be hard to miss there.

I don’t expect any acknowledgement and that would be fine with me. Still, it was nice to be a nice guy.

Warmer Weather
We had some more warm weather today.

It was sunny and around 77F / 25C at the office in the courtyard this morning. The female smokers were wearing short skirts and that is always a nice sight. There were some early signs of Spring out today as well.

I saw a couple of the young female smokers wearing the Ugg brand of boots with their short skirts. Doug seems to think this is a positive sign. I think he is on to something here.

Naturally, the forecast for Saturday calls for rain showers.

So much for the shot of Spring at the end of January.

Geisha Makeup
I went out to pick up a cup of coffee at the sandwich shop everyday. I am not a coffee snob by any means. I just go there because it would wasteful to make a pot of decaffeinated coffee just for me when I only want one cup.

So, there I was at Trimana, the sandwich shop, standing in line and waiting to pay for my coffee.

There was a young woman in front of me. It was impossible to ignore her; she was talking on her cell phone, loud enough for everyone in the place to know what she did last night; she went to a really dull party as she told her girlfriend.

That wasn’t why I noticed her.

It was her makeup.

She reminded me of a geisha from MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA. Her face was all made up and, from what I could see when she turned her head to see who was watching her while she yakked on the cell phone, was very nicely done.

But the nice makeup job stopped just below her jaw line. Her cheeks were a nice tan shade while her neck was stark white and pale. It was almost as pale as my white dress shirt that I wore today.

Why not finish off the job properly?

I know none of my sailors would ever leave a paint job partially finished. They would finish the job so everything looked the way it was supposed to look. I would have thought she would have blended the makeup down her neck so she looked like she was fully made up and not missing a couple of large sections.

Oh well, it’s not my job to coach young women on makeup.


That’s my day gentle readers. I will try to do better tomorrow and remember to bring my notes home with me.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home