Thursday, January 26, 2006

JobSearching & Interviewing

Job Searching and Interviewing
Hello gentle readers. I was off doing some job searching last night which is why I wasn’t here. One needs to look for a regular job when one is only working as a temp, even a consulting temp who has his projects winding up now.

So, I searched Monster.com and Career Builder.com. I sent out some resumes and we will see what happens next.

Doug
Doug called me yesterday. He wanted to know what he should do with his Pixar stock, now that it is being acquired by the Walt Disney Company. I said that he doesn’t have to do anything right now because it will be a few months before the shareholders vote on the sale and it closes.

Based on my memory of his purchases, he stands to make a tidy profit on his investment of about $40.00 a share which is always very nice. Of course, he doesn’t own as many shares as Steve Jobs.

One should always remember that you will never go broke by taking a profit with every stock transaction.

Lab coats in the courtyard
It must be back to school time for one of the cosmetics companies in the building now.

The company must be running a series of “train the trainer” classes with employees coming from all over. I noticed a bunch of young and not so young women walk across the street from the building to the local hotel on my home tonight.

I did see one Latina in the courtyard with an aqua colored hair style. It caught my eye; what wouldn’t with the aqua colored hair on top of jet black hair. She was interesting and probably could have interested Doug, had he been here.

Doug Part II
Doug and I had planned to get together on Saturday for lunch at the Original Tommy’s Burgers and suck down a Mega Combo meal. It’s the one we love at Tommy’s.

I had to change our plans because my professor wants to have a meeting with me. I had suggested possibly Saturday afternoon. Since he was a little slow getting back to me, I figured that the meeting would not happen until next week.

Now, we will have a late dinner instead of lunch and we will go to the traditional, original, Original Tommy’s Burgers instead of the one in Westminster, California. That seemed like a minor change and Doug was able to make the changes.

Doug said this will be his last Mega Combo meal for a while he gets his junk food habits under control. That is good for him because once you gain the weight it is very hard to lose it.

For the record, Morton's is not now nor has it ever been junk or fast food.

Saturday Plans
Now, Doug and I will connect up after my meeting with my professor.

Then, we plan to go to an art gallery and see part of a show by our insurance agent. He is showing some recent sculpture work at a gallery out by my house. We figure to hang out at the show for about half an hour unless there are some really super hot women there.

Yeah, right, only in our dreams.

Shifting gears and gathering paper towels, we will rocket up the Harbor Freeway to the original; Original Tommy’s Burgers and eat our meal, standing at a counter in the cold.

After dinner, head back to Doug’ house and drop him off. Then, I drive home and crash into bed, full and happy.

I had asked Sharon to go to the art gallery showing. She has not called me back and so now I will go with the Big Guy instead. Time and tide wait for no man or woman; that’s an old Navy or old sailors’ saying.

Maybe next weekend, Sharon and I can do something. Next weekend makes more sense since Sharon is still sick with her bout of pneumonia. I guess she is having a difficult time getting over the disease.

Oh well, I should count my blessings that I have not gotten ill this year.

Women with Short Hair
Why do some women cut their hair short?

I mean really, really short. I saw one woman in the courtyard with hair that was shorter than mine is now. That is scary for me. I certainly do not find that very attractive by any measure. I have noticed that almost of the cosmetics students, or coz girls as I call them, have long hair, usually below their shoulders.

Sharon has her hair down below her shoulders and looks hot. Doug thinks so too.

Clearly, short hair is easy to care for. There is no need for costly shampoos and conditioners or blow drying in the morning. That must translate into fifteen minutes or more time saved each day.

Still, I think it is jut plain unattractive.

Weekend Preview
I will have another Weekend Update for you on Sunday evening in Redondo Beach [GMT-8].

Enjoy your weekend. If you need a reason to party over the weekend, remember that it is Lunar New Year’s Eve on Saturday. New Year’s is always an excellent reason to have a party or go out.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home