Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Attention skeet shooters

Attention skeet shooters
I got a call from your humble scribe yesterday.

He is on vacation with his mother. They went to the Grand Canyon. I guess they wanted to miss the heat of Summer. Doug said that he was roughing it in Arizona. He had no cell phone coverage so there were no text messages to reply to. His laptop was still in the shop for repairs when he left so he has no Internet.

He did say they had color television so everything wasn’t completely primitive. He will be back this weekend so you can look for some more skeet shooting columns soon.

Rain
It is raining now. It has been raining off and on for most of the day. Naturally, since it is still almost Winter, it is cold [for Southern California] and damp. Not nice weather to be out it.

Of course, the rain made it hard on the building smokers. Only the very hardiest of the smokers were out in the breaks in the rain today and even those were huddled against the building overhang. I suppose the lack of smoke will do them some good.

Ice Cream
I forgot to mention that I had an ice cream cone while I was waiting for my flight to Atlanta on Friday. There is a Haagen Daze [or however you spell it] ice cream counter at the far end of the Delta Airlines terminal.

I used to go there all of the time when I would pick up the Princess when she flew into town. Of course, this was back in the pre-9/11 days when people could roam about the terminals as they pleased. I was thinking about the last time I had an ice cream cone there and I figured that it must have been either the Spring 2001 or Christmas 2000.

I do love that ice cream. I had a cone with what I thought was a large scoop of coffee flavor ice cream and one scoop of chocolate chunk ice cream, chocolate ice cream with chunks of chocolate in it. It did taste wonderful; I figure that I have blown my low sweets diet for the rest of the year almost.

But, at $5.21, that was a bit outrageous for two scoops of ice cream, even if it did include sales tax. For $5.21, the scoops should have been gianormous.


That was my soggy day gentle readers.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home