Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Blundering Along

Blundering Along
I went blundering along today; merrily on my way to here and there.

It was a great day to be out in the Prelude with the sunroof open. I did have the heater on at a moderate level and blowing the warm air in on my feet and then out the opening. We had lots of blue sky today and that is always nice.

I drove out to my old office for lunch with a former co-worker. The drive was good going there and then turned evil, wicked, and miserable on the way home.

Largely, it is a function of the lesser life forms that manage to screw up life as we know it for the rest of us. The 405 Freeway, which Doug will tell is the main road you to drive when you go to hell, is undergoing a construction phase. Construction has been going on for over a year so it is not new. For that matter, construction on a Southern California freeway is as normal as the sun rising in the east every day anywhere else in the known world.

Having noted that modest factoid, I am amazed and surprised that some drivers are so incapable of driving like with some minimal degree of common sense. It seems like it takes an act of God to allow someone to merge into your traffic lane; allowing some one to merger in will not delay you on your journey home. It may even allow you to arrive home sooner because traffic will flow freer.

Oh well, I can’t change their minds. I just sit in my traffic lane and watch people jump from lane to lane and make no real progress towards wherever they are going.

Nesting
Some of staffers came into my office this morning to look at the nest construction project. I think it is complete but I am not 100% certain that it is. One of the staffers asked if I was going to bring my binoculars into the office so she could have a better view of the nest and the birds.

I thought that was a bit presumptuous buy choose not to say anything.

Coz Classes or More Bad Tats
I thought I had dodged the bad tattoo exhibition this week with the cosmetics class students.

But, I was wrong; so way far, dead out, wrong.

I saw a youngish woman, maybe in her late twenties, today. She was not hard to miss seeing. First of all, she was on the large side. So, black was probably the best color choice for her to pick out.

She stood out in a major sort of way.

Anyway, she was wearing those tight Capri style pants that stop about mid-calf or so that seem to be popular for some reason. Doug and I have no idea way that style is popular. She had large and what I thought were really bad tats on the outside of both calves. They were both large graphic based tats. The tats started just above her ankle and probably ended up at her knee, maybe even higher. Neither one matched the other.

But, I have absolutely no interest in finding out how much further they went up her legs.

The youngish woman, in my mind, compounded the bad tats issue by wearing a low cut blouse which exposed a nice butterfly tat on her breast. Well, I think it was a butterfly tat. I did not stay to cast more than a very furtive glance because I was afraid that she was going to pop out of her top in front of everyone in the courtyard. I feared that some of the male smokers would choke on their cigarettes and maybe inhale them whole even.

Lunch with Lisa
I had lunch today with former co-worker Lisa. It was a partial Christmas and birthday celebration. I had been looking forward to have lunch and seeing Lisa for a while now.

Yes, I know that our timing could be improved but we are busy people with conflicting schedules.

It was a nice lunch for me. I got to see a bunch of the old co-workers. We exchanged “hellos” and “what’s new with you’s.” It was nice way to start lunch.

Office Assistant Vivian looked absolutely stunning beautiful today.

The last time I saw her was in December. She had worn her hair long, down to the middle of her back, for almost all of the time that I worked in the office. Vivian had what I would call a really, really, full head of hair.

Now, Vivian has it cut short so that it just below her ears and it is styled now. I suppose that if I paid more attention to the coz classes and coz girls I would be better able to describe the style. I thought she looked like a young Connie Chung, from when she used to be a newsreader in Los Angeles and roller skated in a tube top and short shorts at the start of a weekend news program.

That was a long time ago in a galaxy not too far away.

Lunch was at the local place next door. It was convenient and the food is good and you get a full meal. I had a healthy lunch of a chef’s salad and iced tea. I only had one slice of bread so I felt very good about watching my eating.

Our server was, how shall I put it tastefully, on the aggressive side. Lisa said that the server has always been that way. She had a pleasant disposition so that sort of balanced out the aggressiveness.

One of the big topics at lunch was the bank chairman’s new contract that came to be approved after he admitted that he falsified his educational resume and the bank had to write out a check for $900,000 to settle a gender discrimination lawsuit. We were amazed to see the bank give him a housing allowance and a car allowance when he was being paid almost $600,000 a year.

I would like to think that I could get by on $600,000 a year and not need any more money.

We exchanged our gifts before we ate. Lisa gave me two backscratchers because I used to scratch the middle of my back by rubbing against the door frames.

I tried one out when I got home and it felt so very good. I could reach all over my back. That backscratcher is going into the office with me tomorrow. No more door frames for me.

Lisa also gave me a bottle of Port wine. I enjoy port; but, I haven’t had any in a while. It will be good to take with me when I go out on the balcony to read and smoke. I’ll do that as soon as the weather improves.

With rain in the forecast for the weekend, I do not see any cigar smoking and port drinking weather around the corner anytime soon.

I got Lisa a Coach business card case. She got a nice promotion last year and the more upscale business card case seemed appropriate. She thought it was beautiful.

I thought it was very functional and utilitarian and practical. I am that way a lot of the time.

I also picked up a Coach initial “L” purse tag or clip for her. This was more of a personal gift. I knew I was on safe ground with the purse clip.

Actually, I was on very safe ground with both of the gifts. I had consulted with my women’s gift expert, the Princess. The Princess said that they were perfect and that Lisa would like them. It is always nice to have expert opinion to support your ideas.


And that, gentle readers, was my day.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home