Monday, March 20, 2006

Happy Vernal Equinox

Happy Vernal Equinox
I want to wish all of you a very Happy Vernal Equinox. The Vernal Equinox is when the sun moves north of the equator. In the northern hemisphere of the planet, this is the first day of Spring.

I hope you enjoyed it gentle readers.

It was a wintry first day of Spring where I live and, from what I have seen on the television weather reports, it looked like it was Winter still in most of North America. For most of the day, it was rather windy and therefore cool here. The forecast calls for the possibility of rain tonight and into early tomorrow morning. Since I am in for the night, it can rain for all that I care.

Almost Car Service
I thought I was headed for an expensive trip to the car dealer’s service bays today. I heard a thumping sound on Saturday morning when I went to go to see V FOR VENDETTA. It went away when I left the cinema so I was not too concerned about that. The noise was back on Sunday and now I was concerned and I planned to take it into the dealership today to have the car checked before things got worse.

Oh yes, I also had a warning light come that indicated my brake lights were not functioning properly. I checked the lights as I backed up in the building parking structure and they glowed red when they were supposed to glow. I was thinking there was a failure in the sensor.

I got to the dealership and explained my problems. The service advisor said my tires developed a flat spot from sitting overnight. The spot goes away when the tire gets warm. He said I won’t have the problem in the Summer because the tires will not get cold enough to make a flat spot. I can see how the tires would get cold since it is hitting around 50F/10C at night now.

The brake sensor was working fine; I had a burnt out light bulb. I bought a new one for $1.68, including sales tax and installed it myself. That was the least expensive trip to the dealership that I can recall.

Everything works fine now.

Nesting
It looks like the birds have finished their nest construction project over the weekend. I did not see any more of the birds bringing building materials to the nest today. Of course, I could have missed seeing that when I was at work or on the telephone.

Maybe I should bring my binoculars into the office for a better view.

Minor Programming Notice
I will not be tossing up a blog posting tomorrow night. I have a meeting after dinner so I will have to pass on another posting. I will be back on Wednesday with another regular posting.


Today was one of those days that passes quickly and, for the most part, without much of an entry or excitement. Maybe tomorrow will bring some excitement for me.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home