Tuesday, March 14, 2006

More Sunshine

More Sunshine
There was more sunshine again today.

Granted, it was cool again and there was a modest breeze blowing outside. But, it was still very nice. The smokers were out in force in the courtyard this morning. They were bundled up for the most part. The forecast is calling for rain maybe by the weekend with rain beginning on Friday.

Rain on Friday would be evil since I have my annual physical examination then. I will be getting to the office after everyone else so that may mean I will have to park on one of the top floors of the building parking structure.

Coz Classes
The cosmetics companies were holding classes again today. There was a new crowd of tattooed young women dressed in black parading across the courtyard this morning. I was wondering what are the requirements to be able to sell cosmetics in a store. But, since I do not use cosmetics, I will not become too concerned with that.

I think one of the cosmetics companies was having a photography session today. I saw a female photographer lugging her screens and reflectors and pulling a cart with equipment into the building. She very purposefully walked right past the button to activate the handicap access – automatic door opener function and then struggled to get the building door open.

The Princess would have said something like, “Well, what do you want or expect from a blond Daddy? A brunette would have handled easily.” The Princess has never been one to turn down a good blond joke.

Nesting
The birds are making steady progress on the nest. Some of the smokers were commenting on the nest this morning.

How do I know they were talking about the nest? A couple of the smokers were pointing at the nest this morning. That was my obvious clue.

Doug’s Laptop
I am taking Doug’s iBook in for service tomorrow. It seems to have failed him; but, that would only serve to state the obvious now.

According to him, the iBook starts to power up and load but then hangs up somewhere in the boot cycle. The extended warranty has expired by now so this will run up the expense meter a bit.

I suppose the problem is either with the software and then that could be an easy task or there may be a hardware problem and that may not be an easy task. I suppose hardware is an easier solution of just replacing the damaged component with a good one. If the problem is the hard drive, then that would be sad because there are a couple of files that Doug would like to have saved.

On the plus side of going to the computer store, it is on my way to have lunch with a former co-worker from the old bank. We are meeting to celebrate Christmas and her birthday.

Sharon
I spoke to Sharon today; actually, I mostly listened to Sharon today.

I called her to remind her that I had sent her another job lead for a position that she would be very well suited for. She did not like the job because it would mean a drive and it might not pay as much as she was making and, and, and.

To me, the job sounded near perfect. It was something she has been very successful at in the past; she is capable of doing a great job; her boss would be a man and Sharon works best with male bosses; and most important, it was away from the Devils Island where she is working now.

Some days you win one and some days you do not win at all.


That was my Tuesday. I hope your Tuesday was productive and positive.

Be well and say happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home