Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Take No Prisoners Tour

Take No Prisoners Tour – 2006
I found out why I was unable to talk to the Princess over the weekend this morning when I popped open my email inbox.

I had an email from the Princess. She said that her best friend Kim and her friend Sara from graduate school were in Atlanta this weekend to help her celebrate her birthday and they did not head back to the Coast until yesterday afternoon. The Coast is California for those of you who are not familiar with the term.

Apparently, they were very busy and active over the St. Patrick’s Day weekend. Now there is a perfect time to have a birthday blow out. Why does that not surprise me?

It is wonderful to have friends who will travel across the country and party with you when you turn thirty.

My thirtieth birthday was a quiet affair with just my now ex-wife and me. I was in law school at the time and I was studying for my first year law student’s examination. My wife got me a bottle of Geritol [energy supplement for older people] and some men’s hair coloring stuff.

Utah Women’s Basketball March Madness
The Utah women’s basketball team advanced to the Sweet 16 Round yesterday with a victory 86 – 65 win over Arizona State. The Utes beat Middle Tennessee in a close game of 75 – 71 in the first round.

The Utes victory was even sweeter because BYU lost and is going home to Provo.

Utah will play the winner of today’s Ohio State – Boston College game. That should be a good game.

Local Weather Report
It was clear and sunny today. It is also warming up a bit too. If my luck holds, I ought to be able to hop out on the balcony on Friday afternoon and smoke a cigar while I read. That will be an excellent way to relax before my flight to Atlanta on Friday evening.

Fashion Comments
As you know, I am older and therefore dress more conservatively than most of the men who work in the building where I am working now.

Today, though, I dressed down with my blue blazer, grey wool pants, black shoes, and blue dress shirt. Instead of my usual tie, I wore a burgundy paisley bow tie that I tied myself. I thought I looked nice. Tomorrow, I will be back to a medium grey suit, white shirt and dark blue tie with white stripes.

Anyway.

I was looking out of the window this morning while I was waiting for a 45 page document to print. Even on a laser printer, 45 pages still takes time, especially if it is already printing another job.

I saw a young man in a suit out in the courtyard smoking. That, in and of itself, is not unusual or otherwise remarkable by any measure; an event like that happens all of the time. I did not really pay much attention to him until he walked out from behind the courtyard fountain.
That was when I saw his white patent leather shoes.

I thought white patent leather shoes for men went out with the disco era and bell bottom polyester suits for men in the 1970s. I was amazed that shoes like that were still being made. He certainly made a statement although I am unclear of his intent.

It just did not make any sense to me.

Job Searching and Interviewing
The troubled credit union that needs a president contacted me this morning. They want to set up a phone interview with the selection committee and your author. I think the call will take place next week sometime. I think it will last between 30 and 45 minutes.

If I do well on the phone interview, I suspect they will invite me in for a meeting with the full Board of Directors. But, let’s not get ahead of ourselves now.

I got another email from a recruiter this afternoon asking if I was still looking for a permanent position. I called her back to say that I was looking. Unfortunately, the recruiter was out of her office so I left her a voice message. Maybe she will have a position that is perfect for me.


Not a very exciting Tuesday for me.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home