Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Blah, blah, blah


Blah, blah, blah

Today is Wednesday and I am so bored. I really did not want to write a blog posting today. I actually felt more like taking a nap or reading or even bundling up and going outside to smoke a cigar.

But, you came here today, expecting to see a new blog posting.

So, I will stick around and write something for your reading enjoyment. My day was dull and routine and so there is not too much to say.

Sunny Daze
It was a sunny day today. The rain storm passed in the early evening last night. While it was sunny, it was also windy.

The smokers were out in the courtyard in droves today. I guess they were making up for lost smoking opportunities from yesterday. I did feel marginally sorry for them because the wind was blowing out their cigarettes.

Milestone
Yesterday, the blog recorded its 3,000th visitor. That was a nice milestone to achieve and I thank whoever that visitor was.

Yesterday was also one of the blog’s largest number of daily visitors. We had 18 or 19 visitors yesterday. I am not sure why there was a large turnout. I know that I got no referrals from Skeet on Mischa or Skeet on Wilma since the Big Guy was in Arizona and had no internet access.

More Observations
I was driving into work this morning. I do that every day. I was stopped for a traffic light so I looked around to kill time.

There was a group of workers on the sidewalk on the other side of the road. They had their trucks parked up on the sidewalk, with their truck roof top emergency flashers blinking in the bright sunlight.

I wondered if they were afraid some pedestrian might not see this big yellow truck on the sidewalk and walk into it. A blind person walking on the sidewalk with a cane or a guide dog would have been easily able to miss the truck so why did the sighted people need an extra warning. Maybe the sighted people are slow and believe the truck is a mirage.

The workers were standing around, smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee, while one worker was digging up part of the grass area. All of the workers had on their warning vests and hard hats.

Why?

Maybe they were concerned that some seagull might fly over and drop off something on them.

The sidewalk was a nice, flat, concrete surface so there was no danger of tripping or falling into a trench. Admittedly, there was a minor trench that could not have been more than five inches deep that the one active worker was digging. Of course, he was standing in the trench so falling in would have required extra effort.

Moving along.

Women’s business fashion fascinates me sometimes; probably because I see a large number of business women walking in and out of the building.

It is easy to distinguish between a clerical woman and a management level woman. The clerical women sometime look like they just crawled out of bed and tossed on whatever was handy and trotted off to the office.

Let me describe a young clerical woman that I noticed on last Friday to explain my beliefs. Friday was a warm and sunny day here in Los Angeles at the beach.

The young woman looked like she was going to a party as soon as work was over and did not want to waste anytime going home to change. For the record, I have nothing against seeing young women dressed for a party. I just like to see that in the appropriate time and place.

The young woman was wearing black, knee high boots, nothing wrong here. They were made in a cow girl style so they probably would have worked much better in Dallas or Houston than in Los Angeles.

No points off so far.

Then, I noticed that she was wearing dress Bermuda shorts. I know they were dress shorts because they were black with a white chalk stripe pattern. The shorts also had a large cuff. I do not have any shorts with a cuff and I am a conservative dresser.

Do you have any shorts with a cuff?

I think we have to take some points away now.

Lastly, she had on low cut, white, knit tank top that fitted rather closely. It was a perfect party outfit that could stop any young man in his tracks. If I was a young man at a party and I saw her, I would definitely stop and speak to her. Hopefully, she would be interesting to chat with and be able to carry her side of a conversation. She had to be careful though when she moved around to keep from exposing more of her chest than is normally acceptable in a work environment.

I think we need to take away a few more points here.

Perfect for the party, two thumbs down for the office.

Most of the managerial women, on the other hand, that I have noticed the last few months do dress professionally and much sharper than some of the men. I was wondering when I saw one of the female managers from her company talking to the cow girl why didn’t the manager explain how to dress for work. The manager was turned out for a board room presentation; well pressed black pant suit, black heels, and white long sleeved blouse with a red scarf.

The manager was perfect and the other young woman could have been perfect if she had tried just a little.

Of course, they both are smokers so that would cause me to lose interest quickly and want to move on in search of a non-smoker.


That was my day so far gentle readers. I seriously doubt anything exciting will happen to me between now and bedtime.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home