Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I felt very partiotic today

I felt very patriotic today
Yes, I did feel very patriotic today and I suppose that you are wondering why since it is not a national holiday in the United States. I am highly confident that it is a national holiday somewhere in the world; just not in the good old U.S. of A.

It was also sunny and warmer today and that helped make me patriotic.

One of the young Asian American women who work in the building has one of those old style bald eagles tattooed across the top of her butt. She was wearing low cut pants so the eagle was already peaking out over the top of her pants. She sat down on the bench outside of my office and was leaning forward as she smoked and chatted with her co-workers. When she leaned forward, she exposed the bald eagle almost completely.

It is good to see the symbol of our country displayed in this manner.

It is days like these that make you feel good to be living in a free country where women are not afraid to expose some of their skin. It was a good day to be an American.

It was also a good day for my heart.

I read one of those emailed reports about how good it was for a man’s heart if he looked at women during the day. I did my fair share of looking at the bundled up young women who were out smoking in the courtyard today.

Nesting
I checked out the nest and it looks like the birds made some more progress yesterday. I didn’t see any activity at the nest today. Of course, that could have been because I was working or I was checking out the bald eagle.

If I had to guess, I would say the birds are maybe 25% complete. I don’t think they need a large nest since they are small. Time will tell I suppose.

Oscars
I spoke with Doug today.

He was returning my call from yesterday. We talked about the Oscars and how he felt that CRASH should not have won the Best Picture award. I would tend to agree.

We came to the conclusion that there were several other, more important films in 2005 like CAPOTE, BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN, and GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK. Doug thinks these films will be remembered long after CRASH fades to black. I would tend to agree with him.

The following films were not Best Picture winners but perhaps should have been; KING KONG [1932], CITIZEN KANE, WIZARD OF OZ, SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS, IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE, SUNSET BOULEVARD, HIGH NOON, REAR WINDOW, PSYCHO [1960], NETWORK, BRAZIL, FARGO, and SAVING PRIVATE RYAN.

I left out some personal favorites of mine that did not win because they are not Academy favorite genres like RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, THE SEACHERS, STAR WARS, and PULP FICTION.

Can you remember last year’s Best Picture?

Chuckay Event
Doug and I also talked about whether we ought to do Douguary Dinner Part II or not. He said that he was not ready for Morton’s so soon and I can understand that concern. I came around to accepting his point of view. Mid-March is too soon to go to Morton’s again especially for me since I will be eating at Morton’s in Atlanta in about two and a half weeks.

More Birds
No, not the film, I mean live birds.

There is a large planter – bowl outside of my office. The plants are flowering now. I have no idea what types of plants are in the bowl. The flowers are a bright red color and are cylindrical in shape.

I noticed a hummingbird floating in and out of the flowers this morning while I waited for Spell Check to run on a document that I was working on. I enjoyed watching it flit from flower to flower in search of nectar.

Market
I went to the market on the way home from work. It was time to fill up the larder with provisions.

Since I came from the office, I sort of looked better than the other men in the market; I was the only one in a suit. I was wearing my grey pinstripe suit with a white shirt and a red paisley tie. I looked like a corporate executive – banker for sure and certain.

Several of the women in the market smiled at me when our carts passed. I was going to strike up a conversation with one particularly interest woman until I saw her toss a couple dozen baby food jars in her cart. That was an almost certain sign that she had a baby at home and that was a place in did not want to visit.

Maybe there is some benefit from changing out of work clothes for me before going to the market.


That was my day gentle readers. I hope you all had an excellent day as well. The 2005 Best Picture was MILLION DOLLAR BABY.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home