Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Half way to Friday

Half way to Friday
Today marks the half way spot to Friday. But, then, you all knew that. Still, it is a nice way to end the day and reflect upon for the weekend ahead.

My weekend ahead does not look very promising. The weather forecast that I saw this morning before I headed on out to work was calling for high temperatures in the low 50s/10 to 12C and rain all weekend long starting on Friday.

It looks like I will be spending the weekend snuggly tucked away with my laptop and school work.

Programming Note
Just so I don’t forget; I may not put a Weekend Preview posting up tomorrow night. I have a meeting with my dissertation committee chair out in South Orange County that will probably run from 4:00 to 5:00 PM so I can start driving home in heavy commute period traffic.

Fun and joy for me.

I will get home late because I am going to stop at DVD Planet.com and pick up copy of HARRY POTTER & THE GOBLET OF FIRE. I will probably pick up some additional DVDs since I am in the store. DVD Planet is only slightly out of way on the way home

Then you add on time to make and eat dinner and dinner clean up and I am looking at almost 9:00 PM and close to bed time.

DRFT GRL
That was the license plate on a middle 1990s Nissan 240SX coupe. It was hard not to notice the car in hte parking structure; it was painted a bright, hot pink and a gianormous spoiler. That would be very appropriate for a female driver – owner.

As I understand drifting, it is driving your car fast and pushing it into a barely controlled slide where one scores points for style and, I suppose, the amount of burning rubber and smoke that the slide generates. I have more than a small bit of difficulty with why anyone would want to push the physical limits and risk something nasty happening as an outcome.

Still, it might be interesting to meet the driver. She probably goes to the Import Car Tuner events. I don’t think I would want to go as a ride along; maybe separate cars could work.

Bad Hair Day
It was windy and sunny today. Nice weather for another day. I suppose I can expect clouds to start moving in tomorrow night.

Windy days create bad hair days for me. My hair gets blown all over my head and it takes some time to get it back into a near normal shape. I do not object to bad hair days caused by windy weather.

Having a wind blown, bad hair day means I have hair on my head. That is more than many men my age or even some who are young can say about their ring of hair around their ears.

Not too much of a posting tonight but then it was not very much of a day for me either.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home