Thursday, March 30, 2006

Weekend Preview

Weekend Preview
I think the Weekend Preview is going to be the bulk of my posting tonight. I think that speaks volumes the dull and boring life that I lead.

Saturday is going to be a busy day for me.

I start off with some laundry and cleaning about the house. It needs to be done and there is no one else to do the tasks. It is times like this that the idea of marriage creeps back into my consciousness. I wonder whether it is better for me to be single and have to do everything around the house or to be married and share the tasks with someone else.

Marriage would make my life more exciting and perhaps even interesting.

It is getting close to the final day for filing my taxes so I need to start working on them this weekend. I know that I will owe some money; I just do not know how much I will end up having to pay out this year.

Doug and I are going to get together on Saturday to exchange his laptop for my digital camera. After that, we will go to the Original Tommy’s Hamburgers for lunch. I had thought about Albertacos but Doug will be there tomorrow with his friend Mark for lunch and a screenwriting conference. After Tommy’s, we may visit DVD Planet.com to pick up some new DVDs.

My final event for Saturday is a trip to the local theater to see a performance of something called, “Swing.” I assume it will be a musical and be set in the 1940s or 1950s. I hope it will be an enjoyable play.

Sunday is my targeted writing day.

I am going to finish off Chapter One of my dissertation this weekend. I plan to turn it in early next week to my committee chairman. I suspect he will hate it and want it totally rewritten. Rejection tends to place life in its proper place and build one’s character.

To make things just wonderful, I learned on the weather forecast that I can expect rain off and on over the weekend. I am thankful that I did not get the Prelude washed this week as I had considered doing at one time.


There you have it gentle readers, today’s blog posting.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home