Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Dinner with the Brother

Odd and Ends and Bits and Pieces
For those of you who stopped by yesterday to what wondrous writings I had tossed out in the blog, I am sorry that you made the trip only to read Sunday’s posting.

It rained off and on yesterday. It rained off and on again today only much harder and longer. I am expecting more rain tomorrow and then a couple of cloudy but dry days and then more rain in time for the weekend.

Thankfully, I have no plans for the weekend yet so I can stay inside and remain dry.

Daylight Savings Time
Sunday was the change over date for Daylight Savings Time. I counted up the clocks and I think I have to change seven or eight clocks; fortunately, the computer changes the clock by itself. I don’t like to change the time because it always takes a couple of days to get everything synchronized again. I suppose I could just keep everything on Greenwich Mean Time but that would be sort of dull plus it would confuse the daylights out of anyone else who saw one of my clocks

Visitors
Last week was a good week for foreign visitors to the blog; we had visits from the United Kingdom, Singapore, France, Denmark, Taiwan, and Saudi Arabia. I’m guessing that Saudi Arabia was a visit by mistake.

We had one visitor who stayed long enough to clock 30 minutes reading a number of my prior postings.

For the month, Balancing Checkbooks had about 235 visitors. This volume is up slightly from a year ago when it benefited from some men’s college basketball linkage. This was not the case this year.

Dinner with the Brother
I was out having dinner with my brother. He was in town on business for a couple of days and then will head back to his home in San Francisco. We ended up at what is rapidly becoming our usual dinning place, Kincaid’s Fish, Chop, & Steak House on the Redondo Beach Pier.

Surprise, surprise, Kincaid’s specializes in fresh seafood. We both ended up with grilled Alaskan halibut that was served with steamed spinach and coarsely mashed potatos. He had their French onion soup that he really enjoys. I had some tomato basil soup with chicken, broccoli, and black beans in it. It was an excellent meal.

I pigged out shamelessly over dessert. I had their Chocolate Decadence Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream and Chocolate syrup. I think it had enough calories to melt steel. I am done with desserts until next month for sure and certain.

We talked about the usual family type of things, what the kids and relatives are doing. Nothing very exciting; we even gave up a chance to go to a sports bar and watch the NCAA basketball final game for the 2005 – 2006 season. Since neither one of our old school teams were playing, we had little interest in the outcome.

Tonight, I will have a Healthy Choice frozen dinner that I will pop into the microwave oven and then eat. No dessert tonight and no delicious olive oil-garlic bread like we had at Kincaid’s

Hair cutting
It was see Michelle the Stylist yesterday because my hair was getting on the ratty and out of control side. I also had to see Michelle because my $2.00 coupon expired today and I would hate to walk away from a nice discount like that

It was very easy to see Michelle since she is about four month pregnant. She is starting to show or blimp out now.

I exercised restrain yesterday. I didn’t tip Michelle with the usual cigar that she loves; she is pregnant after all. I got her a small box of Ethel M chocolates instead. The chocolates are all natural ingredients so that makes them semi-healthy and Michelle promised me that she would only have one chocolate a day.

I also pointed out that it could be her Easter candy.

My hair is shorter now but I am not certain that it is better. Granted, it is not as ratty looking as it was before I saw Michelle. It looks a little better but I wish it was not cut as short as she likes to cut it.

I know I could go to another stylist and then I would have to put up with his or her interpretation of how my hair should be cut. On the plus side, being able to complain and grouse about how my hair looks means I have a full head of hair while other men just have a ring of hair around their ears instead.

Job Searching and Interviewing
Yesterday when I came home, I had an email from recruiter at a large local bank. He was interested in my background and wanted to consider me a project management position.

I thanked him for considering me in my email reply and I said my background was not in software projects and I had no experience with some of the key software program involved with the project.

He wrote back and said the bank could train me and asked me to send in my resume. Either I am really good on paper or he is really desperate to fill the position. It is very nice to have others think you have abilities to do jobs that you think you are not qualified for.


So there you have Monday and Tuesday for me gentle readers.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home