Sunday, April 02, 2006

Weekend Update

Original Tommy’s Burgers
The Doug and I went to the Original Tommy’s Burger for lunch on Saturday. We had talked about the lunch venue on Friday and concluded that we needed to go to Tommy’s since Doug was going to be at Albertacos on Friday.

I had a light breakfast knowing that I would be at Tommy’s. That was a smart idea.

I thought about getting a Number 1 combination which is a double chili cheeseburger, fries, and a medium drink as I was driving out to pick up Doug. That seemed like a reasonable meal to me.

When we standing in line to place our orders at Tommy's, I said to Doug that I was thinking about ordering a Mega Combo meal. He said that he was thinking about doing the same. So, we both had Mega Combos and they were epic. The chili just rolled off of the burgers. The cheese on the chili cheese fries had melted so nicely.

I needed the large drink for my meal.

Perfect.

While we were at Tommy’s, we talked about school for Doug. He made the Dean’s List for the second consecutive quarter which made Dad happy. Summer quarter does not count for or against the Dean’s List. He showed me the letter from the school. It was addressed, Dear Dean’s List Student. Doug thinks he will get a personalized letter from his Dean in a couple of weeks or so.

Theater
I went to the theater on Saturday night and saw a musical called SWING. It is a collection of songs from the 1940s and 1950s and dancing from that period. It is perfect for someone who likes that type of music or the big band sound.

The eight piece orchestra was talented and loud. Some of the songs were indifferently performed. I almost did not recognize some of the song; I had to check the program to make sure I was not missing a song that I liked.

The dancers were all good but the better ones were far superior to the rest of the dancers. Some dance routines looked unbalanced with the talent.

The singing was the most disappointing aspect of the play. As some of you know, I have a permanent partial hearing loss in both of my ears, a result of part of my misspent youth in the United States Navy. Some of the female singers were over amplified and the sound volume was just painful for me. I ended up leaving at intermission because my ears were sore and hurting.

I drove home in silence with the car radio turned off. That was a wise decision.

Taxes
I did my taxes today. What a depressing exercise for me. I will have to pay over above what was withheld from my income. But, as my father used to say, “Don’t complain, you’re paying taxes with money that you didn’t have before,” easy for him to say since he has passed on to his final reward. Still as much as I hate taxes, I figure it is the cost of living in this great free nation of ours.

Dissertation
I wrote about 10 pages this weekend. I would have written more but I got involved with tossing out a bunch of pages that I had written before and now I did not like what I wrote. I did make some progress and believe I can finish the chapter by the end of the week.

The next chapter will take long but it will be easier to write for me. The next chapter is a large organization challenge because I need to get all of my reference material in order and then review the basic ideas from each article.


That was my weekend, not very exciting was it? I hope your weekend was more exciting than mine gentle readers.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home