Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Still No DSL - Day 3

Missing Post
I wonder what happened to my post from yesterday. I do remember writing one. Admittedly, it was not the greatest prose that I have penned before. I thought it made some degree of sense.

DSL
I still don’t have any DSL service from Verizon. The original in service date was supposed to have been Monday the 19th. I checked my order status today. The only thing showing was receipt of my order on June 9th. Everything else is pending.

The service was supposed to be active two days, what a crock of [insert you own pejorative adjective].

Verizon lied to me about the service.

My Friend Sharon
My friend Sharon called me today.

This was the third call so far this week. She wanted to tell me getting invited to an invitation only reception and about where she worked a couple of years ago and how they want her to come back. She said she would go back but only on her terms. That must be nice.

Yesterday when she called, we got to talking about how her personality has changed since she left her old bank. I said that I had noticed a big swing in her moods. I told her about a photograph from Douguary where she looked like she had been sucking on a lemon all day long. Naturally, she denied this so I had to send her a copy of the photo. I
haven’t heard from her since I sent it to her.

She also wanted to ask me about a marketing idea that she had. I told her that it would probably work as she intended. Then, I pointed out some of the potential drawbacks and how it could possibly fail. Sharon was not happy about the potential problems but agreed that I made some valid points. We discussed some work arounds that would avoid the troubles.

Happy First Day of Summer
Today was the first day of Summer.

It was cloudy until the middle of the afternoon. It will heat up by the weekend with the local deserts getting up to 116F / 47C and about 76F /23C at the beach where I live. I plan on sticking close to home over the weekend and avoid getting melted in the sun.


That was my day. Short and simple because I don’t have a lot of interesting things happening right now. Maybe the coming weeks will make things better and more interesting for me.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home