Monday, June 19, 2006

Still No DSL

Still No DSL
My new Verizon DSL service was supposed to start today and it has not. I was supposed to have received my new Verizon modem last week and I have not. This just sucks.

I want my DSL service.

Verizon lied to me. They said that the DSL Service would be ready by today. I checked and everything about the service except for receipt of my order in pending. This is not what I had in mind when I signed up with them. Maybe they all lie but to varying degrees. I suppose that is possible in the grand scheme of things.

I do remember the Asian bars girls from a dozen nameless bars and dives that stretched from Bangkok to Subic Bay to Kaohsiung to Yokosuka. When they said that they loved you, you knew that they only loved your money so long as you would buy them a drink.

Everyone played by the same rules and the game was reasonably fair. You could always try another bar and you would hear the same story. Or, you could wait until the good ship pulled into a new liberty port and try you luck anew.

Blogger.com
Yesterday, I tried to upload some photos so we could have new Babe of the Moment plus I wanted to show you what happens when a woman starts down the slippery slope of bad tattoos.

I tried to upload a 37 kb photo file of the new Babe of the Moment with this crappy dial up service from Earthlink.net. I couldn’t get that file uploaded for love nor money. It was impossible and very frustrating for me. Actually, I have three future Babes of the Moments all lined up and on deck as the case may be. Right now, it looks like my batters will have to sit out a rain delay of their showings.

My Friend Sharon
My friend Sharon phoned me today to wish me a belated Happy Father’s Day.

That was nice of her I suppose. Most of the call was Sharon centered. Her phone calls usually are. I know that this is not what anyone would like but I do appreciate the consistency of her calls.

One of the main points of her call was to remind me to hire her if I become president at the company whereI am working now. I know she has the talent and skills but she is not always a complete team player and sometimes acts like a superstar who believes that he or she deserves all of the attention and focus.

Sharon told me about what she and her new boy friend did for the weekend. I was glad to know that she had a fun weekend and that she enjoyed her time in Yosemite.

But, that was not really what I cared to hear.

You live; you learn; you move on.

Life is too short for warm beer and cheap cigars.

Work
I finished the retyping of the eleven pages of corrections to the proposed contract at the company where I have been working. We emailed them to the other party this morning. I expect to hear them complaining by Thursday or so. The other party will say that we are making unreasonable demands and that what we want is not workable for them.

I will be very happy if they complain loudly to my employer. That means that I did an excellent job for them.

Granted, I did include some throw away items that my employer can give up in the spirit of compromise and not lose anything significant in the overall contract. None of these items are important to the success of the overall deal. They are only expendable deal points that get sacrificed in the name of compromise and everyone feels good because they got the other party to give in on something or another.


That was my day gentle readers. I hope tomorrow will be better for me; maybe I can have my DSL service.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home