Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Blog Update

Blog Update
I was able to find a work around that I think will work for me. I found that if I go to blogger.com through or after another web site like MSN.com I can connect to the service and actually upload photos. I did create a Balancing Checkbooks blog site in MSN’s MySpaces so I have an alternative location that I can go to if this work around proves to be less than effective for me.

This process worked last night but who knows if it work today. In any event, there are no new photos for today.

I was able to start up with Site Meter for the blog. I lost all of the old visitor traffic data when I was fusing and fixing and fooling around with my Verizon setups over the weekend.

Tats
When I was driving out to Morton’s on Saturday, I noticed several signs along the freeway that indicated there would be a big tattoo expo this coming weekend at the Los Angeles County Fairgrounds. Obviously, your humble scribe will not be one of those in attendance. Aside from the fact tats do not interest me, the drive is too far and it will be too hot so I will confine myself to the beach for the weekend.

Today was another coz class in the building and the students returned to the more normal results with some of them having tattoos. I saw one young woman with reddish orangish hair with tats than ran from her wrist up her arm and then they disappeared under her black dress. She also had stars tattooed on her legs; they were a couple of inches / few centimeters apart. They also disappeared under her dress. The arm tattoos were like the ones on the grandmother whose photo I posted yesterday.

Nasty.

I did see two tasteful tats if that is possible.

I saw one young woman with a Pegasus tat on the back of her shoulder. It looked marginally nice. I also saw a Marilyn Monroe tat on another young woman’s shoulder or bicep. It looked nice but seemed like it belonged more appropriately on a sailor.

Lunch at the Old Office
I went to the old office for lunch today with my friends Lisa and Vivian.

Having lunch with two attractive young women is always an excellent thing for a man, especially an older one like me. We had lunch in the restaurant next door to the old office. The restaurant is convenient and the food is simple and filling and those are good qualities when you are in traffic congested West Los Angeles – Century City [sections of Los Angeles].

The traffic is bad enough for Doug to avoid the area if he can. I think his first choice for transportation to an event in the Westside is someone else’s car and he as a passenger – assistant navigator who is ready at all times to phone The Navigator; that would be me.

We talked about the office at lunch. One of the vice presidents is leaving before the end of the month. I wished him well on his relocation to San Francisco. Vivian is getting a long overdue promotion and is now on her way to becoming a movie financier. I can see Vivian going to the Cannes Film Festival now, she would be stunning there. Vivian has a way with words so that you can still like her even if she said your idea was terrible.

Lisa said she was looking forward to the August management retreat at the bank. It is being held later than usual. It will be in Napa, California for the first time. Napa is not near any airport so the logistics of getting close to 100 people from all over the country to the meeting venue ought to be a challenge.

In a way, I wish I could go to the management meeting and at the same time I am glad that I am no longer with the bank. The bank and I have a different set of values and beliefs. It is difficult to spend any time in the service as an officer without adopting some strong set of values. Having Marines around you when you are young and impressionable only enforces that sense of honor and duty and country.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home