Monday, June 26, 2006

49 Minutes

49 Minutes
I spent an incredible 49 minutes today talking with the people from Verizon Online Services. This was such an incredible waste of my personal time and energy.

I learned that many departments at Verizon lie.

I also learned that I was so dead on center when I said that I would get tried of hearing Verizon employees apologize for the inconvenience that I experienced. At first, the apologies were only mildly annoying then my sense of anger and frustration rose to the level of patronization and finally it was disgust. I finally had to tell the employee that all of this apologizing was making me ill.

One of the people I talked to today said that they had tried to contact me on June 22nd and 23rd and got no answer when they called. Lie. Of course they got no answer, I was at work.

If they called and needed to speak to me, why oh why didn’t they leave a message on my answering machine that asked me to call them about a problem?

Probably because the note that someone called me was gun decked and phony.

I finally got what I believe to be an honest answer with the last person I spoke with.

To make a long rant much shorter, I had to reenter my order so they could move it forward. Don’t ask me why I had to reenter the order. That is Verizon for you. So I had them reenter my order and I now have an activation date of July 3rd and only time will tell if that works or not.

Frankly, I don’t believe that they will be able to have their act together in time to make the July 3rd time frame. Call me pessimistic if you want to; I like to think that I am being a realist.

The funny or pathetic thing about why they needed to contact was that I am going to have to get a new static IP address and they wanted to talk to me about that.

Duh, if I left Earthlink.net for Verizon, I assumed that I would get a new static IP address from the new vendor. What is the big deal? Seems kind of straight forward and simple to me but then I am not an IT person.

The big IT guy was sick today so I didn’t have a chance to ask him about the veracity of the Verizon’s statements. I will see him tomorrow and ask him to shine the bright light of truth on Verizon; maybe the Verizon employees will be scurrying around like roaches in the kitchen when you turn the light on at night.

Good Tats
I saw a good tat today in the courtyard. This was pleasant change.

The tattoo looked liked it was inspired by a Betty Page photo from the early 1950s. It was on a man who looked like he was my age or maybe a bit older. I wouldn’t have been surprised to learn that he served with pride in the United States Navy.

My Friend Sharon
Sharon called me this morning.

She wanted to know if I had heard anything from the company where I am working now about the President’s job that I applied for. I told her that all I knew was that the Search Committee was presented with a list of ten potential candidates and they cut that list to three at their meeting on Thursday. Some of the candidates that did not make the cut were called and notified on Friday.

I had to phone Sharon back this afternoon after I found what seemed like a perfect made for her job. Sharon wanted to know who the potential employer was. This will be a bit difficult since the company was only identified as being in Southern California. I think I can find out who the company is or at least narrow the list of potentials down to a few with a modest amount of online research.

Doug.
I caught up with Doug this afternoon also.

I wanted to let him know how things are going with Verizon. I told him that you could probably substitute the name of anyone’s current ISP vendor for Verizon and I would pretty much mirror their feelings toward the ISP. He agreed with me.


Be well and stay happy gentle readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home