Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Miracles Do Happen


Miracles Do Happen
Yes, gentle readers, miracles do happen and I do not mean the 1969 Mets or the 2005 Red Sox. I mean Verizon Online Services.

I got a phone call this morning before I left for the office from Verizon. Granted, it was one of those automated calls with a metallic voice that makes HAL sound really friendly, pleasant, and inviting. It was also more than I received from Verizon on my first order attempt.

The call said that my DSL service should be operational on July 3rd and this is good.

I am still highly skeptical about Verizon’s ability to deliver the DSL service by the 3rd. I will naturally keep you posted on the developments as they become clear.

One obvious benefit of the new DSL service will be my ability to upload photos. I have been using my enforced hiatus from uploading to develop [download photos] for four future Babes of the Month and some other nifty photos that should be worth a passing moment or two in the blog.

Programming Note
While I am thinking about it, the Weekend Update that would normally come out of July 2nd will appear on July 4th. I am stretching the Independence Day Holiday into a four day event so the blog posting will appear at the end of the four day weekend.

High Heel Shoes
I don’t wear high heeled shoes unless you count my rough out cowboy boots that I have had for years.

I have always wondered why women wear this style of shoes. Clearly, they must be uncomfortable and painful to wear, walking around on your toes all day. I suppose there is an element of balance and stability involved as well. It would seem to me that, if I were a woman at work, I would wear the most comfortable shoes I could find.

You must agree that there is a certain compelling logic to the concept.

So, gentle readers, you can imagine my surprise when I noticed that one of the young smoker ladies in the courtyard today seemed to be wearing high heeled shoes that were several sizes too big. I am assuming that, in a properly fitted shoe, the woman’s heel touches the back to the shoe. I could not for the life of me understand why she was wearing a shoe that allowed an inch or a couple of centimeters gap between her heel and the back of the shoe.

This just seems all wrong to me and risky as well.

I should point out that I know next to nothing about women’s fashions and styles. The Princess will tell you that I am a lost cause unless she is there to help me and prevent fashion disasters that would make the Hindenburg tragedy pale in comparison.

Maybe one of the readers would care to enlighten me.

Contract Negotiations
This afternoon I concluded some contract negotiations at the company where I have been working. The other side agreed to our requested changes and additions all too quickly. They took all of the fun of the process.

Still, I am pleased because we got all of the major points that we wanted to see in the contract. That, after all, was the object of the negotiations exercise. So I guess alls well that ends well.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home