Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Something to Say

Something to Say
I actually have something to say for a change; that and an inquiring minds observation or two or maybe not.

Anyway.

Doug
The Big Guy called this morning while I was at lunch.

He wanted to let me know when he thought I should swing bye his house on my way to San Diego to go to Comic-Con to pick him up for the ride. He asked me to go with him since his friend could not change his work schedule. There are two panels that are particularly interesting to Doug and they were not at convenient times for his friend.

Life happens.

Doug thought it would be a good idea if I came bye around 8:00 AM or so.

Nice time, that means I will be out of my house by 7:00 and out of a comfortable bed around 6:00. Going to Comic-Con also means I will not be doing any dissertation writing on Saturday since I won’t be home until close to 9:00 PM, just in time to see my samurai drama.

We plan to stop at Albertacos for supper on the way back to Los Angeles. It is on the way, well just a couple blocks from the freeway exit actually. Lunch at Comic-Con will be a hit of miss proposition I think.

I am planning on taking my camera and I may have a photo or two to post in the Sunday Weekend Update.

Carbon Dating Myself
I can remember when car parking spaces came in only one size. There were no compact or handicapped or pregnancy marked spaces. It was a free for all in the parking lot and the close in spot went to the lucky ones.

Cracked Tree in the Park
The chainsaw gods were pleased with me as they roared their rituals this morning when I was at work.

The city workers came in and cut up the cracked tree limb this morning. They did not haul the pieces away as I thought they might do. The pieces were sort of neatly stacked in a non-pile; neat enough to be orderly but not intriguing enough to be an attractive climbing nuisance for small children.

I wonder what will happen to the tree. There was no visual evidence that the city workers made an effort to finish off and otherwise clean up the jagged part of the limb that was part of the trunk. I suppose the tree may be allowed to heal itself.

Cosmetics Classes
We had more coz classes yesterday and today.

For all of their individuality, the coz class women, and the vast majority of the students are women, seem very content to wear the same uniform to work as everyone else. They wear either a black dress that may or may not fit well or black pants and a black shirt or blouse. Again, the pants and shirt of blouse may or may not fit well.

I went to the sandwich shop in the building for lunch as I usually do everyday.

It looked like a ninja training session lunch break as everyone was dressed in black with the coz class girls giggling and talking and of course test messaging. I suppose they were happy since they were like everyone else.

For the record, I had a Japanese Chicken Salad for lunch. It was made with lettuce, chicken, bean spouts, carrots – don’t ask me why, peanuts, green onions, and chow mien noodles with an alleged Asian dressing. It was tasty and filling.

Fashion Sense Part II
If you have been watching your local television newscast, you will know that it has been hot everywhere in the country.

Hot weather is uncomfortable for most people, right?

Of course it is; well, I feel that way.

I would certainly not wear a suit and tie and wing tip shoes to work if I could. I would be very happy with a business casual environment and wear casual, comfortable clothes.

So, I am wondering what would possess a coz class woman to wear black tights under a long black dress as an outfit to wear out in the sun. That sounds like an instruction manual for a human, self baking, movable oven.

On the same subject, I saw another woman who had on black pants and wore a long [middle of her calf] black dress over the pants. It made no sense to me. Of course, this style may be fashionable and it is certainly one of the hottest outfits that I can think of.

Oh yes, hottest, in this context, refers to the temperature and nothing else.

Later on in the day, this same woman happened to be sitting on the bench outside of my office for her smoke break. It was then that I noticed that her pants were not black but only brown. Brown pants under a black dress certainly were an unusual color combination.

Maybe she got dressed in the dark this morning.

Babe of the Moment Encore






I hope your day was productive and rewarding.

Be well and stay happy.