Saturday, July 15, 2006

Weekend Update - Part One

Blogger.com
It seems that my ability to upload photos is dependent on the time of day. I could not upload the belly piercing photos on either Wednesday or Thursday and I tried at several time during the evening up to about 10:00 PM which is late for me.

Friday, I was able to upload three, nifty, belly piercing photos with no trouble at all. Actually, the Friday upload was more of a test than anything else. When I uploaded the Mercedes Terrell photo, I was sort of forced into adding the two Cora Linn photos and a weak commentary.

Anyway, I am pleased and that is the most important thing.

Fashion Sense
I will be the first to admit that I have a limited fashion sense. After all, I wear dark flannel grey suits with white shirts and dark red striped ties and well polished black wingtip shoes to work.

I know, you are thinking so 1960s; so conservative; so old fashioned.

This is true but people with money are usually older and like to see those that they will entrust their money to [bankers like me] are conservative and are not going to make a loan for a breast enlargement so a young lady could have a career as a stripper.

Full and fair disclosure and for the record, I did make that type of loan once in my career. The loan was paid in full on time and according to terms.

All of which leads to nowhere fast, but, I will get to the point eventually if you bear with me.

It was warmish to almost hot at the office on Friday. I think the temperature was around 80F / 27C. Of course, there was a nice breeze off of the ocean so that made things pleasant outside.

I saw one young lady who was out in the courtyard around midday on Friday. She was wearing a white, long sleeved pullover or sweatshirt, white jeans, and white lace up boots with a fake fur trim. Her jeans were stuffed inside of her boots. She must have been incredibly warm and uncomfortable in an outfit that made no sense unless she was dressed like that for a modeling photo session at one of the cosmetics companies in the building.

Why only reaction was why?

Why was she dressed in the most uncomfortable manner possible on a warm Summer day? I should also point out that it was much hotter as you moved away from the beach; up to 100F / 37C or more.

Then, I saw two more interesting young women come into the building while I was on the telephone with vendors. They were both wearing cowboy boots. One wore the boot with Capri pants and the other had on a very short skirt.

I thought cowboy boots went out with the 1980s and line dancing. It was a very incongruous site.

Oh yes, you have to look out the window when you are talking to vendors. It helps preserve your sanity. Vendors are trying to sell you something that you do not want and will never accept any answer that begins with the word, no or any other negative phrasing.

Laptop in the Office
I took my laptop into work with me on Friday because I needed to update some project Gantt charts. I have personal copy of Microsoft Project that I use to track what I am working on for the company. I decided that I would update the charts as billable time and not do them for free at home.

I was in the middle of revising one chart when a vendor called. It was a long conversation so the screen saver program kicked in and I was treated to a great photo of the Grand Canyon that Doug took earlier this year.



Then, it switched to a Cora Linn photo...



before moving on to an Aiko Tanaka photo.



That was when I decided to perhaps close the top of the laptop so no one would see a photo that might upset them.

Doug
Doug called on Friday to tell me that he had successfully registered for the Fall Semester ay school. He is taking four classes including two of the ones that his professors invited him to sign up for. He was happy with his schedule that gives him Thursdays and Fridays with no classes.

We also talked about going to a Brazilian churrascaria in August for a dinner. A churrascaria is an all you can eat Brazilian bar-be-qued beef restaurant. You get a salad bar and then the servers wheel a slab of beef up to your table and cut off a chunk of beef for your meal. They come back during the meal incase you are still hungry. This sounded like a perfect meal for us and we tentatively agreed to go visit one on August 19th.

All you can eat beef so what’s not to like about it?

The only downside is no Amy the Server or Lily the Server to make the meal complete.

Cracked Tree in the Park
I wrote about the three in the park that is next to my building that had a large limb crack off last Friday evening. I had been expecting the Parks Department would have been out there and cut the fallen limb up quickly.

The city workers must not see this fallen tree limb as a real priority. By this past Friday, they had been able to get out to the tree and put some of that yellow caution tape around it. Maybe they will get around to cutting it up by this coming Friday.

Visitors
I had to start over with the blog’s visitor traffic count. This last week was a good one for foreign visitors. We visits from The Netherlands, France [two], Germany, Canada, South Africa, Australia [two], Indonesia, and Singapore. That is an interesting mix of visitors.


I had thought about waiting until Sunday before I put the blog up but decided to post the first half of the Weekend Update today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home