Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Fiery Red Hair

Fiery Red Hair
I got an email from my friend Vivian yesterday.

We had emailed each other last week over her Vivian’s Man of the Moment Thursday feature. She was having difficulty deciding on who she would pick. She said she had been wanting to go to L.A. Food Show for some time and wanted to go even more after she saw the photo of the Avocado Chicken Bacon Cheese egg rolls.

Monday was a bank holiday here in the United States.

I asked Vivian to have lunch with me at L.A. Food Show on Monday since it was a day off for her. She passed because she was going to try out as a hair model in Pasadena and she would have to stay all day if she got accepted.

And yes, I have absolutely no idea what a hair model does or what are the requirements to be a successful hair model.

No lunch with Vivian on Monday.

In her Tuesday email, Vivian said that she now has fiery red hair. This should be quite a contrast since her hair is normally black. She suggested that we have lunch this weekend and I replied with what day. She picked Sunday and I assume lunch will be around Noonish or thereabouts.

With her new hair color, it should be easy for me to recognize her.

Vivian also said that she was probably the person who went through 29 pages last week. She was looking for her photo with Orlando Bloom; he was her first Man of the Moment.

I wonder if Vivian would ever want to do an encore Man of the Moment.

El Gringo
Of course, going to L.A. Food Show on Sunday with Vivian means that I’ll be going to El Gringo on Saturday instead. That should work out fine for me.

Dissertation
I had one of those ‘shaft of sunlight’ epiphanies this morning around 3:20 AM.

For the record, I do not normally wake up at 3:20 unless there has been an earthquake or I have booked an incredibly early flight out of Los Angeles International Airport. Neither was the case this morning.

I had been wrestling for the last two weeks on revising my Chapter 2 so I could submit it to my Committee Chair for an informal review. I knew that it was too long for my progress and that it was unwieldy and lacked a smooth flowing narrative.

Then, it came to me this morning. I could move two small sections out of the Chapter and convert them into Appendices. This was a perfect solution for me. I took out about twelve pages and create two Appendices. The section is smaller and flows much better now.

I really felt good about my breakthrough.

I felt crummy because I could not fall back to sleep.

Woman of the Moment
This marks the end of the Salma Hayek photos. I will miss her. I feel fairly confident that Salma will be back from time to time for Woman of the Moment Encores. She deserves an encore every once in a while.



Our next Woman of the Moment will be Mercedes Terrell. Those of you who are long time Skeet Shooters will remember Mercedes as Doug’s ideal chauffer to take him to Lee’s Sandwiches for a couple of Number 2s.

I like the idea of using models and not actresses for the Woman of the Moment. The primary reason is the availability of good, clear photos. Models make photos readily available while actresses’ photos are either limited, goofy, have ‘Getty Images’ across the middle, or have unwanted third parties in the image. The Skeet Shooters will recognize these limitations after viewing some of the Killer B images on Doug’s blog.


That was my day.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home