Thursday, October 05, 2006

Weekend Preview - October 5th

Weekend Preview
It looks like my weekend will consist of some cleaning around the place and the dissertation writing.

I will have another Weekend Bonus posting with Choo Mi-young for the faithful.

Dull isn’t it?

Liz the Lonely
It is Day Four of the Liz the Lonely telephone vigil.

I haven’t gotten a call yet from Liz the Lonely as of the time I posted this blog entry. Of course, she could always be running late or incredibly messed up with work and distractions like that.

This is not a good sign for me since Saturday is only a day and a wake up away.

My Friend Sharon
My friend Sharon took me to lunch today.

I had thought that I would be driving out to Pasadena for lunch. Sharon surprised me by driving out to the beach from the San Gabriel Valley [40miles / 65 kilometers, one way] to take me out to lunch. That was a very nice treat. Driving in traffic is no fun for anyone.

We went to L.A. Food Show because I love going there and because Sharon had never been there before. I had to wait for her since she had to drive much further than I did. I watched the end of the Yankees – Tigers baseball game so that was good.

I guess it has been a while since she saw me. Sharon remarked on how much weight I have lost on my face and stomach. I guess that was a nice thing to hear and be noticed for the losing the weight.

We split an order of the Avocado Chicken Cheese Egg Rolls. Sharon agreed with me that they were excellent. Those are Sharon’s hands in the background.


I had the L.A. Food Show’s version of a Cobb salad. They do it well and don’t cut the avocado and chicken short. There were plenty of large chunks in it along with some really great smoked bacon. Sharon was surprised that I wasn’t having a cheeseburger and fries.

Sharon had the bar-be-qued ribs. They turned out sad and she had to send it back. This was the first bad meal in almost four years of going to L.A. Food Show.

The ribs were on the mushy side, not hot, and the sauce was excessive. Only after we complained about the ribs did the server tell us that he usually has his ribs cooked to a well done state and he has the sauce on the side. Our server was the one who talked Sharon into the ribs by saying they were his second favorite dish on the menu.

Sharon picked out the Molten Chocolate Cake for a dessert for us to split.

Thoughtful of her.

We agreed that it was a lot like the Morton’s Godiva Chocolate Cake. We also agreed that we liked the Morton’s cake more. This didn’t stop us from almost finishing the cake. Neither one of us was particularly fond of the whipped cream that went with the cake.

We talked about job searching and interviewing because we are both doing that now.

We also talked about how long we have been friends. I said it was between eighteen and nineteen years; that is a long time to be friends.

Woman of the Moment
It’s a nice way to close the week with some more photos of Salma Hayek.





Be well and stay happy and I will be back on Sunday with the Weekend Update.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home